Movie Review: Farenheit 9/11

Mensan

Liberals: This is not a thread to bash Bush.

Conservatives, we all know you hate Mike Moore. Now you don't need to post it.

Now, for the good stuff. The movie itself was not bad. There was maybe an hour and a half of previews before hand however. The movie was done very well, and pointed out some things that the general public may not know. I had a couple of issues with the way certain topics unfolded, but hey, its Michael Moore. As I stated in another topic, you have to sort through the BS to get to the good stuff. It actually has less to do with 9/11 than it does with our current situation in Iraq. IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO MAKE SOMEONE LOOK BAD. That was the point of the movie, and it was accomplished. A bit long for my liking though.

Three and a half stars. Out of five. I would recommend to anyone, even if you don't agree with the political policies of the filmmaker.

Dick up my thread with political BS and watch your post disappear.

I am a staunch Republican, but I had to hand it to that piece-of-shit Mike Moore that "Bowling for Columbine" was a VERY well organized, amazingly interesting piece of work that I really enjoyed watching.

I know I'm going to like Farenheit 9/11...maybe TOO much for a Republican. smile.gif

Moore doesn't give the whole story. THat is what is wrong with his movies. He has an opinion about something (most likely very skewed one way or another) and finds things that make his opinion look right, while leaving out EVERYTHING else. Shame on anyone that looks at this film as more than just an "entertainment movie" Moore's film's are wrongly labeled at documentaries.

Originally posted by Republicant:

I was supposed to apply when I was younger, and I'm still thinking about it. Worth it?

Only for bragging rghts. I think the idea of the club is to help people to find other people that have a specific thing in common. It works for that. I just couldn't justify $60 in dues each year to maintain status. Once I got in I was like, "Cool!...Now what?..."

Originally posted by Keyword:

Moore doesn't give the whole story. THat is what is wrong with his movies. He has an opinion about something (most likely very skewed one way or another) and finds things that make his opinion look right, while leaving out EVERYTHING else. Shame on anyone that looks at this film as more than just an "entertainment movie" Moore's film's are wrongly labeled at documentaries.

****warning may be political****

same with newspaper articles.

anyway i woundnt mind seeing it but if i start seeing anything to one sided or to skewed im affraid i wont be able to sit there.

Guest code34

I've been excited about this film since I first saw the preview.

Like any controversial film, people have a choice to watch it or not. If you're hardcore right wing and know you won't agree with the views of Mr. Moore, don't watch it. Simple as that. graemlins/thumb.gif

[ 28. June 2004, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: cod3 ]

Originally posted by Mensan:

Only for bragging rights.

Money + Test better equal more then bragging rights. I've been encouraged to join since my first IQ test, I'm just not motivated enough by the right to carry yet another peice of plastic in my wallet. Besides, I dont need it, my knowin's shines through, hense my current employment status. ;)

Now, the movie, I want to see it, who else is in? Mark, you going?

Republicans: Dont like it? Fine, make a movie. Fact or not, the dubyuh conducted himself in a manner that his actions could be interpreted this way. I, too, await the counter documentary. It's bound to be lame. ;)