OMG! 7.594 at 189 in a FWD!

ChevyMan1972

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

There are local "street" cars (it's a stretch to call any 7 second car a street car, but if it has been driven on the street and is "legal" to do so..... )that run faster than that all-out race car.

You're bashing a car that ran a 7.594 at 189. In a FWD car to boot, traction issues cause many, many more problems. You are the definition of stupid.

[ 31. August 2004, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Neo ]

Originally posted by Neo:

Your bashing a car that ran a 7.594 at 189. In a FWD car to boot, traction issues cause many, many more problems. You are the definition of stupid.

He's just mad that a 'slow 4 cylinder' is faster than he'll ever be.

You're bashing a car that ran a 7.594 at 189. In a FWD car to boot, traction issues cause many, many more problems. You are the definition of stupid.

its cause it makes him feel like his penis is bigger than it is. Thats pretty bad ass, too bad its a chevy tongue.gif

:rolleyes: Like I don't know the traction issues with FWD = why it is a poor platform to race with. But people are making this out to be the best thing since sliced bread, when there have been a number of street class cars running faster than this for years. I mean, if you are going to nut over this, should I show a link to every Pro Stock car in the series this season???

Originally posted by Jon:

He's just mad that a 'slow 4 cylinder' is faster than he'll ever be.

I wouldn't want my car to run that quick. I want a car I can enjoy on the street. That's a trailer-only race car.

But people are making this out to be the best thing since sliced bread, when there have been a number of street class cars running faster than this for years. I mean, if you are going to nut over this, should I show a link to every Pro Stock car in the series this season???

No, I think it's cool they broke a record and they are obviously innovating. Every car has to work within its class rules. Does that mean that these cars, or a pro stock car, are slow because there are rail cars that run 4's? No.

I'm not going to whine to you about displacement or FWD, because it would just that, whining, and you know why these cars run what they do and not faster. I just think it's cool to see records broken and innovation, where ever it may be. To downgrade this because X class does the same times this does, but you feel it better, for whatever reason, is kind of silly.

I also think it’s cool that they can even figure out how to get enough traction out of any FWD car to run that quick of an ET, it’s pretty crazy if you think about it.

[qb]You're bashing a car that ran a 7.594 at 189. In a FWD car to boot, traction issues cause many, many more problems. You are the definition of stupid.

:rolleyes: Like I don't know the traction issues with FWD = why it is a poor platform to race with. But people are making this out to be the best thing since sliced bread, when there have been a number of street class cars running faster than this for years. I mean, if you are going to nut over this, should I show a link to every Pro Stock car in the series this season???

You are right 4 posts, 3 members totallying 35 words and one article sure does sound like EVERYONE is on this cars cock you better be a douchebag so you can make yourself cool again. it still fulfills one of your requirements for cool since it is drag racing but i guess your need to piss people off instead of being decent over powers you. Hell this was even a domestic car at least make fun of the imports for losing at their own game or something.