Forza next week

Mowgli1647545497

I'm stoked.

Finally, a decent game with a car I own in it.

So I'm going to pick up an X-Box next week so I can play this thing. Can someone explain to me the deal with X-Box Live? Do I have to pay a subscriber service for it? Can I use my current broadband connection? etc.

Sweet. I'll pay the $50 to get Live for the year then too, thats nothing. Forza's looking good - especially the car list that makes sense, not a bunch of obscure overseas "RedWagon Flyers" that we're supposed to beleive represent "racing and automotive history". Yeah right.

Finally at least a real car list, which was my biggest beef with GT4 - they passed over a bunch of real, good, fast high performance cars to include a bunch of homemarket trash some old guy from Osaka was overly fond of and which couldn't even hold a candle to their overlooked contemporaries, much less modern machinery...

While I was at work today (Best Buy), I got ahold of a Forza demo we had hidden away in the back. I played Leguna Seca w/ a Porsche GT3 and I cannot wait to get this game in my possession. It'll be nice playing it on a HD TV w/ Dolby Digital surround (I played it on this shitty little TV in our breakroom which definitely didn't do the game justice one bit)

Yeah there is the HD AV Pack (I know Best Buy is sells it, dunno where else you can find it) that comes w/ the component hookups along w/ a fiber optic cable hookup connected to it. If you don't have a fiber optic cable, I suggest investing in one. Once you get that, all you do is change the settings through the Xbox itself, then you're set.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Does xbox do HDTV?

I have GT4 running in 1080i high def on my 65" widescreen at home (thx PS2 and polyphonic, woo hoo!) and if XBox can do HDTV too I will be uber happy.

Like stated above you just have to change the setting on the Xbox itself. I bought the Monster Component cables for HD and Optical cable for Dolby Digital. Defenitely worth the money.

I just preordered Forza today from EB Games and got the last demo they had in stock. It was nice being able to play it through my 5.1/HD setup instead of the shitty TV in the breakroom at work. Less than a week away..

We'll have to setup a CR race one of these days on XBlive after people on here have made some progress in the game.