Got pulled over for tint last night....

Buckeye23

My tint is illegal. Test came back at 34. I'm not complaining or anything like that, I knew I was too dark and all that. However, the cop wrote me the ticket, then told me I could do a couple things. The obvious being pay the $85. The cop also told me I could get the tint fixed to the legal 50% and go to court with pictures to prove it's fixed or do the same thing, with the tint removed completely. Now the interesting thing here is that the cop told me he wasn't going to show up to court.

What do you guys think? Go to court?

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by CR Caddy:

I'd say go ahead and go to court. If the cop told you he wasn't going to show, then it's your call if you want to go to the trouble of pulling your tint. If you wanna gamble, leave the tint on, and be prepared to pay the 85 bucks if he does show.

Exactly what I was thinking. This sounds like good advice. ;)

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

I've always wondered if you could just take pics of a car just like yours with no tint on it, then take it to court. smile.gif

Hehe...you haven't seen pictures of my car.

www.cardomain.com/id/buckeye23

I can't exactly "blend" in with everyone else.

If you guys feel the need to make comments on my car, start a thread in the kitchen. Save this for the ticket replies. graemlins/thumb.gif

Been there got pulled over for that. When i got pulled over the cop just said i could either pay it or take it off and then take my car to the police station so someone could see it was off. After that i went to court and they dropped the ticket. Why 85 bucks though? mine was 10% and it was only 60??

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Sorry but why make the car like that when you'll feel the need to automatically go on defense when posting pics? Just thought that was funny..

Anyways if I were you I'd take the tint off and go to court to dismiss the ticket, since you're selling it.

I know people like to make comments. Thought I'd just nip it in the bud. :D

That's probably a good idea. Keep the ol' record clean.

I thought 35% was legal for some reason. Oh well, guess not.

It's not my cup-o-tea, but if that is a paint job and not a sticker, that looks like a damn good job. I'd be interested in seeing a better pic of what is on the hood. It looks like (to me) like a combo of chinese-esqe characters and matrix code.

Just wait for the Funny-gas-bird-man to chime in.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

It's not my cup-o-tea, but if that is a paint job and not a sticker, that looks like a damn good job. I'd be interested in seeing a better pic of what is on the hood. It looks like (to me) like a combo of chinese-esqe characters and matrix code.

dude i think thats just a reflection of the ceiling? maybe im seeing it wrong.