PayPal versus Wire Transfer

Dr. Pomade

Originally posted by (s)aint Nothing:

Everyone is thinking it, I'm gonna say it:

graemlins/lol.gif

Still have much respect for ya, Doctor. ;)

What's wrong with a girl (i.e., my girlfriend) wanting a small dog? You did know the dog isn't for me, right?

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Yeah, it's just a female teacup Yorkshire Terrier - they're everywhere. However, my g/f really wants this fucking dog (and maybe only because it's in fucking Brazil), and her birthday is coming up, so, you do the math.

So, I'm not sure what you're laughing at. :confused: Is it just because the dog is small and kind of looks like a rodent? I'd agree - and laugh right along with you, if that's the case. But, like I said, the dog isn't for me.

Is it just because the dog is small and kind of looks like a rodent?

Yes, you're buying a rather feminine dog, even if it is for your girl. Get her a german shepard or a pit pull instead. graemlins/grin2.gif

What's wrong with a girl (i.e., my girlfriend) wanting a small dog? You did know the dog isn't for me, right?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Yeah, it's just a female teacup Yorkshire Terrier - they're everywhere. However, my g/f really wants this fucking dog (and maybe only because it's in fucking Brazil), and her birthday is coming up, so, you do the math.

So, I'm not sure what you're laughing at. :confused: Is it just because the dog is small and kind of looks like a rodent? I'd agree - and laugh right along with you, if that's the case. But, like I said, the dog isn't for me.</font>Dont be so defensive. It's your life, if you want a rat dog, get a rat dog ;)

i used Escrow to buy my RX7, the car was located in San Jose. it was fairly simple and easy to use, just need to coordinate with the seller. it was a little more expensive than using Paypal, but i felt it offered me the protection i was looking for.

i'm not a big fan of shipping animals, especially from such a distance and so young, it can be very traumatizing. i encourage you to wait, new puppies pop up every few weeks, i'm sure she'll find another one she will like.

but if you want a Brazilian dog, go for it.

Originally posted by (s)aint Nothing:

Yes, you're buying a rather feminine dog, even if it is for your girl. Get her a german shepard or a pit pull instead. graemlins/grin2.gif

Thanks, Chris, I'll make sure from now on I consult you on all merchandise to make sure it's feminine enough for my g/f, but still masculine enough for you.

Originally posted by Hwilli:

Dont be so defensive. It's your life, if you want a rat dog, get a rat dog ;)

What's up with the one-upmanship?

Howard: "Quit being so defensive."

John: "I'm not being defensive."

Howard: "See? You're totally being defensive."

Originally posted by 1Quik7:

i used Escrow to buy my RX7, the car was located in San Jose. it was fairly simple and easy to use, just need to coordinate with the seller. it was a little more expensive than using Paypal, but i felt it offered me the protection i was looking for.

i'm not a big fan of shipping animals, especially from such a distance and so young, it can be very traumatizing. i encourage you to wait, new puppies pop up every few weeks, i'm sure she'll find another one she will like.

but if you want a Brazilian dog, go for it.

Thanks, Steve. I had the same thoughts about the escrow versus PayPal - I'd have to pay more, but it seemed to offer a bit more security.

Also, I completely agree about not shipping the animals, especially young ones. Yeah, I wouldn't want to put any pet, especially mine, though something like that.

Just so you know, in all probability, I won't buy this dog. There are too many uncertainties - importation issues, trauma to the animal, legitimacy of the seller, and so forth - to be overlooked. However, I still wanted to learn about the process regarding wire transfers and such.

It'd still be cool to say that your dog is from Brazil, though.

What's up with the one-upmanship?

Howard: "Quit being so defensive."

John: "I'm not being defensive."

Howard: "See? You're totally being defensive."

Did you just one up him there? tongue.gif

Rat dogs are good for nothing more than dog food for real dogs. Even if it is for her, don't you two live together (correct me if I'm wrong)? You're still going to have to deal with the rat.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Did you just one up him there? tongue.gif

No, I heart Howard and would never, ever do anything like that to him.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Rat dogs are good for nothing more than dog food for real dogs. Even if it is for her, don't you two live together (correct me if I'm wrong)? You're still going to have to deal with the rat.

Yes, unfortunately.

No, I heart Howard and would never, ever do anything like that to him.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Yes, unfortunately.</font>You seem sad. Call me. I will console you.

Thanks, Chris, I'll make sure from now on I consult you on all merchandise to make sure it's feminine enough for my g/f, but still masculine enough for you.

C'mon man, I'm just ribbin' you. smile.gif

Really? Can you say anymore on this? The PuppyEscrow site said that they handle international transactions, which gave me the impression that shipping a dog into or out of the country wasn't that big a deal.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/animal.htm

I didn't realized the CDC had control in this area, I was thinking it was the FDA.

Guest powers

In certain areas of the world, canine rabies remains highly endemic, including (but not limited to) parts of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bolivia, China, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, and Yemen.

http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/utils/ybGet.asp?section=dis&obj=rabies.htm

Yes, unfortunately.

Yes, unfortunately you two live together.

or

Yes, unfortunately you'll have to deal with the rat since you two live together.

?? tongue.gif

Howard and John are going to have gehy butt seks.

John,

Something that I forgot to mention. With livestock that are not going to be slaughtered within a short amount of time are required to have blood tests for certain things. This is a state regulation, but all states have the same thing pretty much. I realize this is a pet and not livestock but you might want to look into it. I doubt that they can simply ship it in and if there has been no discussion between you and the seller about how is going to pay for the fees for importing the animal then you will get that bill too. You might want to know what that's gonna cost before you commit because it might be more than the dog is going cost you.

g/f: "baby, will you please, please, PLEASE buy me this dog from brazil? i know its asking a lot, but i really want it!"

john: "no problem baby, anything for you."

next day, at pound in columbus

john: "60 bucks? no problem, you guys take cash?"

that evening, back at home

john: "hey baby, look what daddy's gotten for you!"

g/f: "oh! its just what i wanted! thank you so much! i love you!"

john: "anything for my queen."

aside from dj: "man, that got here pretty quick."

aside from john: "yeah, overnight from brazil."

*snicker*

Originally posted by Orion:

g/f: "baby, will you please, please, PLEASE buy me this dog from brazil? i know its asking a lot, but i really want it!"

*snicker*

perfect solution, and really weather or not brazil is really a third world country, the USA can still kick it's ass. and that all that matters.

Originally posted by Orion:

*snicker*

LOL - exactly.

Originally posted by Larry:

There other problem that you may have is shipping a dog from out-of-country into the country. Animal imports are pretty strictly controlled.

Awsome...I didnt realize there was a second page, and people already posted the link / information I was going to. :(

-Marc

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

From what I've read on the subject, which isnt much, if you are trying to import an animal from a different country, customs will hold your animal for somewhere between 3-5 months for health concerns.

Ill look into it and post updates.

-Marc

NOPE. Importing a dog to the U.S., has no holding time, its exporting them from the U.S. Reason why I know....We have some stupied fucking dog from Sweeden, and one from like Iceland....And both times they just arrived shortly after purchase. It may be differnt with animals from South America but I doubt it.