hello :)

sciongirl

wow 4 pages since friday afternoon lol

yeah i have NO plans on ever going over 100. there is no reason i see i'll need to, so that's good. i feel better getting a 250 ... and they are cheaper!

i see some people havent taken this msf course. if i don't take it (which i will) what's the normal steps in getting the license? and for a temp, how often do i have to renew it or something?

lol this group is every welcoming and will def. give you advice when asked!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^WHAT?? what makes them ricers? my car's modded.. am i a ricer??

unless they have a primmered bodykit, high alum. wing, and euro's.. what makes them rice? please tell me!

it was a joke hence the L O L but scion girls old neon was a little riceish... lol but her scions clean

A 250 is a great starter bike if you've never ridden before. I've had mine for a year and am looking to upgrade to a 600 but I'm ok if that's not until next year because I love my bike. I have an '07 (the last of the old style). They re-styled it for '08 but the specs are actually better on the older ones (slightly higher top speed, 50# lighter, quicker acceleration and better gas milage). They're not race machines and keeping up with the bigger bikes can be a challenge...if you're going over 100mph. The acceleration is slower than the 600+ but not enough to make you not get one. Plus, like others have said, they hold their value well. Lots of ppl underestimate the 250 but you'd be surprised how easy and fun it is to ride due to the low weight. It's cornering made easy! PM me if you have questions or wanna see the bike.

they lied to you...you get a discount through allstate for MSF course or being a member of AMA.

Allstate told me no discount for the course, but a discount for being a member of a club...

I started on a ex500 (which I still have), and I really like it. It's old as shit, but I don't have to worry about scratching it up (my bike is only two years younger than me). I'm not that strong either, but I have been able to pick it up when I've dropped it, it's all about technique and a bit of adrenaline when you see gas pouring out of it - haha. Good luck!

First off :welcome:, second Take the MSF course. If you like riding, Buy a 250 and when you are ready for some thing bigger sell the 250. There is always someone looking to learn how to ride that would buy it.

thanks guys.. everyone has been soooo nice so far :)

now im gonna go flag down someone to get on the back of thie bike ;)

my neon wasnt rice at all. i never once painted the interior! haha no stickers or flasy wings....

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

ok so i had euro lights haha...

id go for a 500 over a 250. still a great starter bike, but has a little more power than the 250. you probably wont get bored with it as quickly :)