California Fitness?

excell

I was with CalFit for a few years, because they are in the 5/3 bldg. downtown where I work. Their employees care NOTHING about fitness and all about sales, which I can appreciate but still find annoying.

Recently, three Hilliard girls were busted for working together at a CalFit location for a few months before they were discovered to be stealing credit cards from lockers and scanning them for account info. I dropped my membership. Why support an organization with such lenient security guidelines?

I got into calfit a few years ago for 22/mo.

I thought that price would never be found again... untill DJ got it when he signed up a few months ago.

It is a suburban gym aimed more at soccer moms than Hardcore lifters. Personally, as long as they have what I need, I dont care about atmosphere. Whatever turns ya on though.

I'm a calfit member but I wouldn't be if I didn't live right around the corner from the new Polaris facility.

I think I paid like $80 up front and $26 per month now for the membership. YOu really need to go check out the one closest to you to make sure it's right for you. When I joined I knew I was moving to the Polaris area and that the new facility was awesome...BUT worked out at the one in Gahanna for the first few months of my membership and I've never worked out in a worse dive in my life. Hell all summer they didn't even have Air conditioning...imagine running on a treadmill in a poorly ventalated gym on a 90 degree day...it was horrible. The new Polaris facility is great though and I have no complaints.

Well, the two closest are World Gym on Hilliard-Rome (10 min) and the new CalFit at Mill run (15 min).

I was talking to my friend from Texas last night about this, as he has like 15 years of experience with gyms. When I told him the pricing for World Gym he said it was really high, and to shop around. The two plans that I'm intrested in are $33/month with a $33 setup fee (automatic debit) OR $390 a year. I could not find any info on CalFit's pricing, but if it is $22/month that is much more reasonable. But like Clay said, if they have shoddy business and security practices, I don't want to support them.

Another big draw will be personal traning options. I need a trainer for my first few sessions to get me started and to make sure I'm not going to kill myself. The trainer I talked to at World is $25 per session. I don't know what options CalFit has for training.

I also want to find some place to start boxing once I have built myself up a little. smile.gif

It is true that califit is all about sales. This is why some people pay more than others.

Ive been attending the downtown, Henderson, and East Main locations for a few years now... never with any theft or security problems.

A single incident with crappy employees that was resolved some time ago seems like a silly reason not move heavy stuff around now. So it goes.

I feel like you guys should invest more time in actually working out than every minute detail of the gym.

I went to Lifetime for two years and loved it. The personal trainers there were helpful, a few times I would get advice from a passing trainer on his break. Lots of equipment.

Now I belong to the Y. On a busy day its hard to get a machine because they have like 1 machine for each workout and you often have to wait in line. But they have plenty of weights. and movable benches.

I'd be willing to give a general training session for free if you (whoever) can make it to one of our late night sessions.

I have a pretty comprehensive grasp of today’s physiological trends. I've actually considered getting certified but the only thing it would net me is the use of the title as a credential in my online e-battles.