How many have gotten a drag racing ticket

Rob1647545496

So... does Ohio have a law that says you can't witness a crime without having to help? Also, if you want to stop a crime in progress such as street racing, you'd have to put yourself in danger to stop it. Then, does that resolve your obligation to stop such crime?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Quit kissing ass, Desperado. Christ, your pandering is nauseating.

What the fuck are you talking about? Kissing who's ass? I am gonna guess Chris's, but I don't see how. Trust me jerkwad, I know what happens to people that mouth off to Chris. Even when they are right and he's being an ass. I was only pointing that out to Mr. super noob. For some reason you have chosen to make asshole comments about almost EVERYTHING I post. Which doesn't do much other than make you look like an ass. Obviously you have nothing better to do so if it gives you some sense of gratification, by all means, have at it. But if you are going to make asshole comments, at least make them factual instead of being meaningless, childish bullshit with little or no basis in fact or reality.

As far as them arresting people for spectating at a drag race. About the only thing that you can be charged with is loitering and illegallly parking. They charge you with drag racing because if you don't know what you can and can't be charged with, and most people have no fucking clue about the law, it sticks because it is not questioned. You get a ticket or go to jail for the night, arguing the point at the time will get you charged with interfering with police business or resisting arrest if the cop is playing hardass. Resisting arrest is a pretty big deal and you can do some time for that, depending on the lawyer and the judge. And remember that if you are going to break the law, you better know the law. Because a cop can charge you with all sorts of shit. It's not his place to procicute (SP) you, only to enforce the law. And ALOT of laws are written openly so that it is "at the discretion of the officer" to charge you, while others are pretty specific. Look at loud exhaust tickets. There is no specifc sound level for that. It's up to the officer to deside if your car is too loud. Speeding, well it's anything over what the sign says, it's specific. It's not uncommon to be arrested on multiple counts, go to court the next morning and only speak to the judge on one charge, the others just dissapearing. What happens is the prosicutor talks with the officer and go over the specific acts that lead to the charge. If it has merit and can be prosicuted with success it goes on the docket. If it's something that is hard to prove, or the judge probably will not buy into the prosicutor just forgets about it and goes to the next charge. Lets say that you build houses, and you get picked up for DUI and fail a field soberity test. The cop searches your truck and finds a hammer, screwdriver and crowbar in the floor board. You get charged with OMVI and possesion of buglary tools. Spend the evening at the gray bar hotel, cop and the procuitor get together before court the next day. Procuitor looks at the charges, you blew a .12, The drunk thinf is a sure bet. He looks that the possision of buglary tools, sees that the truck is registered to ABC construction. He KNOWS the judge will laugh at him if he even speaks of it so he drops that and preceeds with the OMVI charge. This happens ALOT.

Originally posted by 151:

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Quit kissing ass, Desperado. Christ, your pandering is nauseating.

And you, you lazy fuck, can't even come up with a comment. You just quote someone elses comment, somehow making it your own. Be original for gods sake instead of being a me too muthafucker. Damn.

I wonder if you do this shit to act like an ass or to simply postwhore. Cuz you do this shit alot.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

So... does Ohio have a law that says you can't witness a crime without having to help? Also, if you want to stop a crime in progress such as street racing, you'd have to put yourself in danger to stop it. Then, does that resolve your obligation to stop such crime?

I havent seen a law that is enforced across all of Ohio. Scattered counties enforce variations at thier discretion.

If you have to put yourself in danger to stop it, your no longer obligated to stop it and cant be prosicuted for it.

Id say that i was more scared of the crowd of people around me beating my ass for calling the cops, than i was of the cars racing downt he street.

Sounds dumb, but i have a history of getting tickets thrown out so it might work...

If you know the guy in question "almost better than anyone else on the board", why ask him to post a personal issue publicly and not just ask him person or call him?

Plus, anyone who uses the term "bidness" and calls people "buddy" sounds like someone with a serious image deficiency.

Are you the annoying jerk off with the SRT-4 with the removed exhaust system that makes the car sound like a combination of ass and a diesel semi rig? If so, please fix that, it's not cool and really makes you the laughing stock of everyone but the flock of ricers that crowd around it (oooh, a TURBO! Who the fuck DOESN'T have one nowadays...).

If not, ignore that comment smile.gif

Guest rperry74

First, graemlins/thatfunny.gif

Second, I know the law in California is slightly different, but they don't bother ticketing for spectating anymore due to the number of tickets thrown out. They really do like to do those side of the road inspections when you get caught though! They tried to pop me for the off road h pipe and M&H Racemasters (D.O.T. legal by the way). The judge was not about to argue the mechanicals of the car and just let them go. This could also be because he was a racer himself. I was not racing, just leaving and therefore he let me off of everything, but with a very stern warning. A friend's wife died the next weekend in an accident, as a spectator, and I never went back. Street racing=BAD!

Originally posted by TheManWhoSellsParts:

A friend's wife died the next weekend in an accident, as a spectator, and I never went back. Street racing=BAD!

That sucks.

Was she standing at the start of the race, or somewhere between there and the finish?

Originally posted by Donkey Schlong:

When your turbo car can contend with my non-turbo car, come talk to me tongue.gif

I don't have a need for one....yet smile.gif

When my turbo car runs, ill be happy smile.gif ( and nate will be the first to get in the rear veiw Muwhahaha)

Originally posted by Clint Eastwood:

That sucks.

Was she standing at the start of the race, or somewhere between there and the finish?

Most likely some where between. Out of control cars and wrecks at speed are the biggest justification for the laws. A guy I worked with at Worthington Cylinders grew up without a dad because pops raced for money, lots of money, in the early 70s. In the proccess of winning a $5000 race, some frei9nds of his aponent, hidden down course, threw a 10' log out in front of the 100mph+ car.

Street racing is illegal and I'm damn glad it is. Though I dont beleive it should be punished more severly then DUI, I do think it should be punished as severly as possible. It keeps idiots from doing it (for the most part). One who wishes to engage in street racing IS a criminal and should behave as such. It is up to the street racer to do things in a manner in which they dont get caught and dont harm anyone.

I am by no means exempt from any of this. I know what I have done, and I know I'll be doing more of it, carefully and as quietly as possible. smile.gif

summary, Street racing is a crime, dont do it unless you can accept being a criminal and everything that goes with it. The po' is after you all the time. ;)

I don't know the whole story, but I would imagine that if you were attempting to keep up with a race in even the slightest bit ( as a camera car, spectator, whatever) then I can only imagine the law would view you as a partcipant. Now, if you just happened to be cruising with you friends who got busted and stayed at 65mph while they did a 40-xxx roll, then I would imagine you have a prayer of escaping your ticket. Good luck, let us know how it ends up.

It's completely up to the aresting officers judgment. If you are just trying to keep up, you will be busted for racing. If you are a flag car or some other car witht he group but not speeding, you will get spectator/participator. It realy sucks when this stuff happens, but it DOES happen.

When you go before the judge under a not guilty plea, you will be given a trial. If the cop that busted you shows up, his input will deffinately sway the judge against you. The cop will finger you as part of the collective racing group, and the judge will not give you the same leniency as he would a by stander chiling out and enjoying the show. Persons rendering assistance in any manner to such competitive use of vehicles shall be equally charged as the participants.

Have you considered getting a lawyer and playing the "prove I was in the car" card?

Originally posted by C6 VET C6:

Seth, i'll tell you this weekend, if you go out. Long story and lots of people involved that might not want everyone to know about it.

The thing about CR, everybody always finds out something. THe question is, who do you want telling them, you or some one who is the 5th step in a chain of misinformation? Its often best just to tell it and not let rumors go.

Originally posted by Donkey Schlong:

If you know the guy in question "almost better than anyone else on the board", why ask him to post a personal issue publicly and not just ask him person or call him?

Plus, anyone who uses the term "bidness" and calls people "buddy" sounds like someone with a serious image deficiency.

Are you the annoying jerk off with the SRT-4 with the removed exhaust system that makes the car sound like a combination of ass and a diesel semi rig? If so, please fix that, it's not cool and really makes you the laughing stock of everyone but the flock of ricers that crowd around it (oooh, a TURBO! Who the fuck DOESN'T have one nowadays...).

If not, ignore that comment smile.gif

i should have just gave him a call it would have saved alot of peoples time to flame me over nothing... i didnt want him to tell anyone he didnt want to know.. he knows to power of PM's.. for the "bidness" and "buddy" thing it was trying to show that i wasn't being seriuos about the whole thing. but i pretty sure some people took it the wrong way... sorry no i am not the retard with his exhuast messed up... i am sorry that kid ever even got an srt...

Guest rperry74
It was actually not even a race. Some idiot was high as a kite and drove his 65 mustang into her and another of our friends wives as he was attempting to leave. He had no lights on, they didn't see him till it was too late, and he took out the side of the 93 Mustang they were standing next to. They were at the finish line and all we heard from 1/4 mile away was a smash and my friend Wayne screaming "Noooooo". We (his friends) were the first ones there and it was not pretty, I helped the CHP find little bits and pieces on the road so they could mark them. She died after 15 hours of surgery to try and save her and her mangled legs, they never knew she suffered a serious head injury until inspecting the mustang the next day. One small dent at the top trim of the windshield where her head hit. We found her over fifty feet away from the impact site. Not a good night. As a side note, the race was between Waynes 65 FJ40 Landcruiser (a 4x4) with a bowtie block and 18 degree heads, which beat a supercharged 454SS pickup that was backhalved, on 35's. Wheelstands at the beach were a cool thing to watch.