Why guys.... WHY?!?

SPLN SUX

Ya know... its one thing to bash on the Z24... its a fuckin piece of junk as it sits... but i cant for the life of me figure out why you people continualy bash my Volvo?

I mean shit, what the hell is wrong with a Volvo? I bought the car because its nice and comfy, drives spectacular, and is going to last me quite a while... not because i think its fast. i just dont understand.

Maybe its just you guys just being dicks on the net... or maybe you just dont like me... but cmon guys... i dont go out and thrash on anyone elses rides... why do you have to rag on mine?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because you first came on here acting pretty arogant about a cavalier. You toned it down a little bit about this car, but still have the "my car is the best car because it is my car, not because it actually is the best car" attitude

but i don't bother you too much anymore cause you come out a lot and are cool, just remember that volvos are known for safety, not performance. Don't let people bug you, its mostly ribbing, but you kinda put the target on your back after the whole "I am a driving god in my cavi yo"

Originally posted by Volvo Power:

Ya know... its one thing to bash on the Z24... its a fuckin piece of junk as it sits... but i cant for the life of me figure out why you people continualy bash my Volvo?

I mean shit, what the hell is wrong with a Volvo? I bought the car because its nice and comfy, drives spectacular, and is going to last me quite a while... not because i think its fast. i just dont understand.

Maybe its just you guys just being dicks on the net... or maybe you just dont like me... but cmon guys... i dont go out and thrash on anyone elses rides... why do you have to rag on mine?

dude who cares.......if you like the car then dont sweat the small shit. You bought it because you liked it and some people on a board dont and you get all mad. Watch your attitude about it and that would help also. Even though i never made fun of you about your car. Suck it up and enjoy YOUR car.

actually, when it comes to the swedes building cars. They're more Fords than they are swedish.

and you have to understand also there are a lot of us (typically the people who will give ya hell) That will sacrafice comfy seats and a 6 disc cd player for another 30 hp.

You just get the same shit a 'fast' Honda does or the Supra's with 900 hp that run 13.5 1/4 miles. Most the stuff is performance related ribbing, if ya didn't buy it for performance, don't brag about its performance ;)

of course I can't really talk my Monte Carlo won't hold an idle right now and the Camaro is out of commission ... but let me tell you how much fun the Celica is to drive :)

plus your shitty monte carlo was lucky to tag mid 14's stock. Did I also mentiuon that his little volvo has a far better power to weight ratio then your SS, stock for stock?

Volvo is owned by ford, yet uses no parts from ford, its actualy the other way around, skippy. graemlins/thumb.gif

Furthermore they got their super reliability reputation LONG before Ford even thought of put a bid on them.

As for performance;

http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/05.haunting/05.volvo.v70r.500.jpg

2004 Volvo V70R. 300hp AWd 6 speed wagon. Theres nothing even close to that offered by the big 3. Slightly modified they hold 400+hp with no problems. Suck on that, Big 3. graemlins/nonono.gif

Just because they're not contantly hyped by sleeveless idiots doesn't mean they'r not fast.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

plus your shitty monte carlo was lucky to tag mid 14's stock. Did I also mentiuon that his little volvo has a far better power to weight ratio then your SS, stock for stock?

Um, no eric. The shitty monte SS never saw anything less than 15 without a tail wind and a downhill track, stock.

guess Volvo IS the better car we might as well all give up and admit it really. It's a FAAAAR more superior car Than anything the big three have.

Look at it! "2004 Volvo V70R. 300hp AWd 6 speed wagon. Theres nothing even close to that offered by the big 3. Slightly modified they hold 400+hp with no problems." -- how in the world would a GTO, Corvette, or Mustang keep up with that? honestly, jeesh :)

Originally posted by McGraw:

Look at it! "2004 Volvo V70R. 300hp AWd 6 speed wagon. Theres nothing even close to that offered by the big 3. Slightly modified they hold 400+hp with no problems." -- how in the world would a GTO, Corvette, or Mustang keep up with that? honestly, jeesh :)

Those are all sports cars son. graemlins/thumb.gif

No domestic make produces anything as powerful and usable as the V70R. If you want 300hp from a domestic make, you have to give up alot, like a back seat. Your only option is a front wheel drive STS or GXP, and who the hell wants FWD and slushbox automatic? (GM's break anyways) Safty, room, creature comforts, efficiency. You can drop the kids off at school, then go tag 13's at the strip. The only companies with offerings in the class are Audi and Mercedes, and they both cost more and come with questionable reliability.

So, on the off chance that you do get some pussy, and have a kid, you dont have to fret when you wife makes you hock your SS for a family vehicle. For around $35g you can have 300hp, a 6spd, awd, and enough room to haul the family.

BTW, the GTO is not American, its Australian. graemlins/thumb.gif "LS1 bla bla", so? Jensens used american engines, they were still designed elsewhere.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't your turbocharged volvo put out less hp than my n/a Civic?

You have abetter agrument then the SS guy. In rebuttle, your car isn't quite stock now, it is? smile.gif

And, given that this it the kitchen, every one of your mothers, and some of your fathers, are skanky ass whores.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Dodge Magnum?

ohh shit, forgot about that. Touche' Jason, touche'.

Still Automatics, though, and they are all made in Canada. AND they (w/awd) weigh in at a whopping 4300 Lbs!! The lighter 4100lb RWD model gets a fgactory rated 14.6 1/4 mile! My bird weighs 3800 lbs (4000 with me), makes 190rwhp on a good day, and has tagged 14.8's.

The Volvo gets 18/26mpg, makes power for an extra 500-600rpm, and weighs only 3700 lbs. Still looking for official 1/4 mile numbers. 1-60 in 5.9 seconds, the Magnum (in 4100lb RT RWD trim) slugs its way to 60 in 6.2. Imagine the AWD version (since this is an aples to aples thread) with 200 more lbs and even more drivetrain HP loss.

Good point Jason, but volvo still >*

btw, you can also get an S60 R, the non wagon, with the same engine/drivetrain, but cheaper and minus 200 lbs and a tenth in the 0-60 run.

Both volvo's are electronicaly limited at 155mph, the Hemi V8 Magnum falls off at 143 (per the only actual test I could find, but the michigan state police)

[ 09. April 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Tenzig ]

My turd put down 200 crank hp stock. Now it's at 281 at the crank (233 wheels).. without any power adder (yay). And I put down more power than your POS red RWD turd eric.. in my fwd, na, bottom of the 3.8 w-body. Where's your bitches now!? huh? motha fucka? smile.gif

But it all comes down to attitude. You don't see me on this board talking shit to everyone. I drive a damn Lumina. Not a 11 second F-body.. I really don't have any room to talk.

I've learned a LOT of stuff on this board being here the last what..4 years? I've met a ton of great people and alot of connections when it comes time to help me with something I need on the car.

I don't know what else so say other than

graemlins/chillpill.gif

I myself talk shit to you because you act like you are the best driver ever when you really aren't that fast at all. I wish they would post PAX from previous season's on the internet so we could see how far down the list you are. Your ego is gigantic for no good reason.

Also, your Volvo is not the sweetest thing ever. The minute you got it you start talking about how euro cars are so much better, like you're some seasoned connoisseur of european cars. You're not. The S40 is the Cavalier of Volvo's. It's not that sweet. You claim that "Racing's not what I do, it's who I am." If so, why would you buy a Volvo S40 automatic? That has to be one of the worst choices for a race car...behind a Cavalier, of course.

It's also about time you passed 3rd grade and learned how to spell simple words. I understand in a quick reply post that things can be mispelled. But when it comes to something like your sig that will be seen over and over you really should take some time to spell check. Your old sig had 2 mispelled words out of nine. Now you're 1 for 3.

Lastly, we are in America. I know you're trying to be Euro now so you post your dyno numbers in kW and Nm, but it is rather dumb. Plus I wouldn't put dyno numbers in a sig unless they were worth bragging about. Some people know how to convert kW/Nm to HP/Ft-lbs and obviously you are not one of them. For the numbers in your sig you should be putting out 189hp when you actually have 160.5. When trying to be Euro you could at least do it correctly.

edit: And don't try to say that's your theoretical crank power because you didn't inflate your torque numbers. Either way, it's retarded.

[ 09. April 2005, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Mallard ]

Originally posted by Buck531:

My turd put down 200 crank hp stock. Now it's at 281 at the crank (233 wheels).. without any power adder (yay). And I put down more power than your POS red RWD turd eric.. in my fwd, na, bottom of the 3.8 w-body. Where's your bitches now!? huh? motha fucka? smile.gif

A: my red turd is still faster, and put down 227 with a slipping tranny.

B: you have no power adder, yet have thousands invested none the less

C: FWD is ghey

D: we're talking volvo's here, therefore my bitches, the S60R and the V70R, are still faster. I know I own crap. ;)

Malard, comin up quick with legitimate ownage.

However, I must say, Volvo's Cavalier is a hell of alot better then chevy's. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Tenzig:

A: my red turd is still faster, and put down 227 with a slipping tranny.

B: you have no power adder, yet have thousands invested none the less

C: FWD is ghey

D: we're talking volvo's here, therefore my bitches, the S60R and the V70R, are still faster. I know I own crap. ;)

Malard, comin up quick with legitimate ownage.

However, I must say, Volvo's Cavalier is a hell of alot better then chevy's. graemlins/thumb.gif

Damn.. there goes the ricers excuses. graemlins/jerkit.gif

a: Have YOU raced it at the track? Other than Rob? Either way.. I'll be faster this summer

b: I think I got about 3500 in it. It's more of a pet peeve if anything. With 3500, I could have put a nice turbo on it and ran low 12's, 11's. Didn't want to go that route.

c: To each their own.

d: My bitches? You dont' even own those cars.. or are you talking about a guy's, brothers, in-bred sister in-law who has one? tongue.gif

Admit it.. you're jealous.