1994 Supra Turbo FOR SALE!!!

Guest drakko

Guest drakko

thanks guys...

I didn't like autos until I bought the supra back in 2001. Now I just have a mortgage payment to make every month, so my loss your gain.

auto is good when your shifts need to be so precise that the slight loss in timing with an auto is worth the decreased risk of missing a gear altogether. also, sometimes autos just shift better than a human would in a stick...as is the case with me, even though i drive stick

Guest drakko
Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

No no, we turbo kids lose boost when we shift (unless a 3-step is installed). With an auto there is constant load on the motor and you only deal with lag in 1st gear.

This is when NO2 comes into the picture...

Originally posted by drakko:

This is when NO2 comes into the picture...

This is when connecting rods shoot out of the block into your legs. I know its a popular thing to do, but mixing turbos and nitrous together is a risky business.

Guest drakko
Originally posted by MRMEANR:

This is when connecting rods shoot out of the block into your legs. I know its a popular thing to do, but mixing turbos and nitrous together is a risky business.

Yep... been there done that!

I once had a turbo'd 12B with NO2 and the rotor was shot out the hood (made a big hole too) in the midle of the track. Not funny at all, it scared the shit out of me...

Now there are many gadgets to controll the mix and cut at given points to be used only when needed.

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

A lot has to go very wrong for that to happen. If one is using nitrous and a turbo, It should be assumed that one is monitoring what is going on to ensure that this scenero is avoided. Forged internals are a good choice as well.

The worst result I had was a few melted spark plugs after my fuel pressure decided not to rise with boost as I was running 28psi and a 50 shot.