New to CR but not to some of you

Guest 99GS-TBabe

Guest 99GS-TBabe
Hello!! I'm new to the site but some of you know who I am. My name is Sahara (yes...like the desert.) I'm 99blownyellowgt's fiancee. I have a '99 white Eclipse GS-T. I just got a 16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump, injectors, SAFC-II put on by IPS a couple of weeks ago. It has a GReddy Blow off valve and no cat exhaust and a Apexi front mount. I have a boost controller so normally I run about 10 psi but in high boost once we get it tuned it should be alot more :D . Cosmetics wise I really don't have alot other then the big a** front mount you can see and a carbon fiber hood. I'm going to paint the calipers black soon. And hopefully get under the hood a little more presentable by powder coating all the pipes that show like the exhaust manifold. I am a licensed optician and asst mgr at Sears Optical Polaris, so if you need glasses or contacts or an eye exam let me know. That about sums it up I think. Hope to chat to you all soon. :cool:

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Ricochet:

always good to see the taco/sausage ratio go up.

Yes.

No. Not on a manifold anyway. Ceramic coating, however, will bling it up and withstand the temps of exhaust components.

Guest powers
High temp powder coating is good up to 1200*. You could high temp the manifold on an NA car but not a turbo car. People who have tried high temp powder on turbo manifolds have not had success with it staying on especially in hot spots of the manifold.