...Another Mustang guy

twistedfocus1647545489

Hi everyone. I have decided to make my first Noob post in the Noob arena...

I live on the west side of Columbus. My car is a '99 GT with independent rear suspension from an '01 Cobra. It also has Cobra brakes all around, Springs, Konis and such. On street tires I have run some weak ass low 14's. I guess that's not too bad given that the engine is totally stock and the fact that wheelhop is definately an issue with IRS (or I just like making excuses ;) ). Anyway, I have been getting the itch to throw on some drag radials and try for mid 13's or so at least (I am still more of a drag racer at heart).

I had a long ongoing street/drag car project '89 Mustang LX... that I dumped money hand over fist into and sold when it was 90% done. I kind of regret selling it, but it was a great learning experience. I am really wanting to do it all over again when my budget permits... Seems to be the way these things work.

[ 21. January 2005, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: TwistedFocus ]

Originally posted by copperhead:

a pickup truck that can out-handle your precious little cobra from the factory, no less

Sorry, bullshit. I know you hate mustangs and all, but no.

I've read all there is on that truck. It is impressive for a truck. But I can't find one single performance stat that beats the Cobra. I suppose the closest stat is its static skidpad Lateral G at 0.9 (advertised) - close, but doesn't beat the Cobra. And that avoids talking about its f/r weight bias liabilities in manuevering - slalom and transitions. The Big brake cooling system might mean its brake fade will do better than most sport trucks, yeah, and that is pretty trick. But the Cobra's brakes are already proven in the last three years of real world reviews to never fade, period.

Other than those two capabilities, as an engineer I don't see this truck coming even close (0-60 in almost 7secs?).

There's several vehicles that outperform the Cobra from the factory, but that spastic-plastic-clad pickup (Grand Am disease anyone?) ain't gonna be one of them.

If you're buying one, PM me as soon as you feel comfortable tossing it about, and we'll go run em on any road you choose. I'd be happy to have my outhandled ass handed to me.

[ 21. January 2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Mowgli ]

Originally posted by copperhead:

Just when I thought the mustang community couldn't become any less intelligent, someone comes on here and talks about swapping an IRS onto their car to drag race. :rolleyes:

Less intelligent?

My IQ > your IQ.

I'm willing to bet on it.

Originally posted by Pony Pimpstress:

Hey Jason smile.gif Welcome to the board. You really need to buy a blower for that, or somethin so you can run with Josh, E, and I ;)

I agree, but I can't seem to get anyone to help me rob a bank to pay for it with my NOT money.

Originally posted by 182mph:

i would also like to see this. lightning > tacoma... f150 > tacoma.. hell 85 ranger > tacoma

I can't wait to see an 05 lightning...

still waiting...

Originally posted by Venomss:

Less intelligent?

My IQ > your IQ.

I'm willing to bet on it.

One in a million, you must be proud of yourself.