noob here

Prophet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Prophet:

hmmm I was told though that dry is best for my car not wet. ...Question...What if u had stiffer shocks in th rear..to prevent some of that weight transfer would that help or not? if I were to put different size tires on the front and back..example. 16's in front and 18's rear and add stiffer shocks in rear would that help any in your opinion?

It *might* help, but no promises. And it will most likely ride like shit on the street.

Wow Congrats at being aries and happy be-lated birthday. Thx for the help too. LoL at bzzzt nice van , what mods u got? I have 16's on my car now , I don't plan on goin bigger but i do plan on lowering the car a bit. I'm trying to make it to 290-300hp if I don't its ok. Just had to set a goal . I'm not limited to 2 grand just what its gonna cost for new engine and nitrous.

my mustang stock is 3050 lbs, now it's more towards 2900. You could find a cheap 4 cylinder notchback and swap a junkyard 302 for less than your going to spend on that probe, and chances are that it will be more reliable. I am biased though so you don't have to listen to me. Good luck and welcome.

I was at meijers..but i don't have a pink probe..lol my probe is black and burgundy with hood scoops lol@pink maybe u saw me ..maybe u didn't lol but if it was pink it definelty wasn' my car

I was at meijers..but i don't have a pink probe..lol my probe is black and burgundy with hood scoops lol@pink maybe u saw me ..maybe u didn't lol but if it was pink it definelty wasn' my car

And you have just hit ricer status.

What rock do you live under? 99.9 of the cars in "Fast and Furious" are all riced out. Examples are: Hoodscoops, Big wings, Neons under the car in the car anywhere, Tastless bodykits, Pieces of your car that are aparently "under construction." It used to patake to all foriegn made cars, but now, it is just a word used for stupid looking, tastless visual mods done to a car that is by no means fast at all.

A ricer would be somone who owns one of those cars, or somone who thinks its cool (thats over the age of 12). So why do you have hoodscoops on your probe?

lol...I liked the way the scoops looks thats all...I do I have neons on the inside of the car but not to much...just where ur feet rests.

Not trying to be a dick or anything here, but how old are you? You honestly come off as a 16 year old. If so, we can still save you from the world of automotive disolution and tastelessness, but you have to at least pay attention. We would be more than happy to help.

Originally posted by copperhead:

Not trying to be a dick or anything here, but how old are you? You honestly come off as a 16 year old. If so, we can still save you from the world of automotive disolution and tastelessness, but you have to at least pay attention. We would be more than happy to help.

Either that or Bobby Lee will help you make your car glow.

Well the engine I'm getting will only cost 1300 with shipping , and I have some1 to install already. A zex dry kit will cost roughly 530 so yea ur looking at under 2grand for it all smile.gif give or take a few dollars.

I didn't read most of this thread, so if someone beat me to it, oh well. When budgeting a project, DOUBLE what you think it will cost, and then add some more.

Will the transmission handle the power? Nope. Add money for that. New plugs, wires, ignition, possible fuel system, add money for those. Bottom line is you WILL not build that car to that hp with any reliablilty for 2 g's.

Dude you REALY need to read about more cars before you spend a dime. Just as an example (I am in no way saying it is the best option) For 2000 you could buy a turbo dodge and mod it into the 12's AND still have a probe to drive. Or you can buy a 1rst gen probe and be Way ahead since you have the worst gen probe made. I love sleepers and "differant" car more than any other guy on this board and I do know what is avail for Mazdas BUT you don't have a starting point. If you want to go fast buy a car that did not have the build quality of a yugo BEFORE you added 200,000 miles.

For some odd reason, everyone on the board has been pretty nice. I have no clue why, but I realise now that this guy is completley oblivious about cars. So he needs atleast one flame.

Hoodscoop? What the hell? Why? Is it even functional? I think you have been watching too much "Pimp my Ride," because right now your car sounds like the laughing stock of the ricer world. Everone in this thread has givin you so much advise, about how to make your shitty car less shitty, and you have in a way just thrown it back in their faces. So run along, buy your POS Zex kit (do not forget to get the glowing purge kit to match your homosexual neons), then in 10 years when you have dumped 10k into your car, and it still only makes 240whp, come back so we can tell you, "I told you so."

/thread

lol...I haven't thrown anything back in ur faces..hahah...but ok . I look forward to meeting u all smile.gif thz for all the nice things that u said crash smile.gif . You know I have graemlins/popcorn.gif been insulted multiple times here , but if u haven't noticed i haven't insulted any1 back ....hmmm something to think about huh tongue.gif

So what do you like, Prophet? Do you like imports or american? If you like imports, I would suggest getting a Suburu WRX or STI. If you like american, I would consider getting a LT1/LS1 Z28/Trans Am or a GT/Cobra. Suburu's are one of the only imports I like, and one of the few imports I have respect for.

Let me tell you, I drive a 2000 Z28 and stock, it runs mid-13's. That's STOCK! Here's a list of cars I think you should consider looking into...

'93-97 Z28/Trans Am...14 second car stock

'98-02 Z28/Trans Am...13 second car stock

'94-98 GT.............15 second car stock

'99-04 GT.............14 second car stock

'94-98 Cobra..........14 second car stock

'99-02 Cobra..........13 second car stock

Basically, we are all just trying to wake you up and make you realize that modding a Probe will get you nowhere fast. It will take some dough to get it into 13's and 14's, whereas the cars I mentioned runs those numbers stock.

I don't know what your budget is, but I looked up some cars for you on AutoTrader.

'95 LT1 Z28 M6 - $6,000 (80k miles)

'98 LS1 Z28 A4 - $7,900 (83k miles)

'96 LT1 Trans Am M6 - $6,800 (81k miles)

'98 LS1 Trans Am A4 - $8,970 (68k miles)

'94 5.0 GT A4 - $5,500 (73k miles)

'96 4.6 Cobra M5 - $8,795 (99k miles)

'00 4.6 GT M5 - $8,500

All of these cars are 13 and 14 second cars (cept for 94-98 GT; maybe 96-98 GT...94-95 GT's might be 14 second cars stock). All of these cars are also under 10 grand with good mileage. I couldn't find a 99-02 Cobra for under 10 grand. Why, and I dunno why, but Mustangs sell for higher prices than GM f-bodies.

I hope this helps you out and maybe can change your mind as well about your Probe. Best case scenario, buy an LT1/LS1 Z28/TA or a GT/Cobra and use your Probe as a beater. I mean, you only paid $800 for it. This is just some food for thought. Hope this helps!