noob here

Prophet

Well thx silver ..I appreciate the work u put in to helping me ...I will still probably make my probe look nice and make it decently fast...I was looking at a 300 zx today and a 99 mustang . I might try to get mustang ...undecided though smile.gif ...I have listened to every1 on here even if they thought i wasn't listening... I was just defending my probe its a nice and reliable car with decent stock power...contrary to most people here have to say about it. I have had the car for 6 months zero problems...except for regular oil changes and wires. and it has 220k mi on it now runs like a champ . :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love mazda's and Nissans btw Ford is ok and so is honda. I do like the new Cobalt though they have a nice look to them ...i don't know how powerful they are but i do like the look .. i would also like to get a toyota Supra or an Rx-7

Cobalt SS is rated at 205hp I beleive. Although GM had the manual out on how to modify the EcoTech and you can get 280hp out of it fairly easily. I've only seen 2 on the road (one in Detroit and one in Columbus) so there aren't that many out yet. As opposed to SRT-4's which I see everywhere.

There are some Mazda's and Nissan's out there that are fun to drive. Just depends on reliabiliy when modified. (More of an issue with Mazda's then Nissan) It sounded like you were tight on cash though so I didn't know you were interested in a new car or a more expensive used one.

With money anything can be fast. There's a 487whp Protege in Cali right now, for example. The problem is, when you start upping the power on economy cars things start breaking fast, like transmissions. I can only assume the same would be true with your Probe. Do something you will be happy with and research your mods well before buying. As I said before, I've only seen 2 probes that I thought were tastefully modded. Every other one has been riced out. Hopefully you're trying to fall in the first category...although I'm not a fan of the hood scoop.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Just do youself a favor and say you were home schooled.

Joe made me laugh

wow

Anyway Jason, what Crash (Ben) said was pretty accurate. I can't recall anyone being NEARLY this nice to a new guy coming in that has a car and dreams like yours.

Now, we aren't saying to get rid of the probe, as it is very nice to be able to have a reliable daily driver, but to keep it reliable leave it stock. An old saying from around here that I haven't seen anyone mention lately is "Fast, Cheap, Reliable; you can only pick two". That's about as accurate as it gets. If you are looking to go on the cheap, there are a plethora of late 70's through 80's RWD cars that you can choose from, and cheaply throw in a warmed over small block. Foxbody Mustangs, 3rd gen f-body's, g-body's, whatever. All of those can be had for a couple grand, throw another grand into the tranny and a grand into building a decent naturally aspirated motor, and you are going to have plenty of fun with it. And those are high estimates, you could luck out on some of the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
well you will find out that many people on this board are dicks. or just trying to be funny. a lot of this needs to be taken lightly as it seems you are doing. anyways welcome to the board. i noticed you said you were looking for that kind of hp out of a engine swap and NO2. exactly what engine are you getting? and if there is a site i would like to see it because i dont know of any engine unless its got a power adder that would fit in that engine bay. and nitros isnt always a 100 hp adder. sometimes its less depending on the car. i think its bold and admarable to do a good job modding a car and making it look classy that typicly is done crappy. honistly if it were me i would mod a different car for $2000 like others said you can have more power out of a better car than that. i used to drive a 99 sunfire gt with a swaped motor. and some bolt ons. it was a fast sunfire but by all means NOT a fast car. and i ended up blowing it anyways. motors in cars like that are not meant to with hold hp or a beating that soemone would put on it running it hard even ocasionally. and if you do even pull this off with the probe..... stay modest about it. no matter what car you own youll get shit about it from someone. but anyways if you stick with it then best of luck to you. and welcome to the board.

Thx for all of the support SilverponyGT ...The exact engine is called Klze its a j-spec engine for my car..my car has a mazda engine in it not ford....and as for the website check out www.probeaddiction.com and go to engines and the klze will be in there as well as a lot of other stuff i plan on getting.

lmao@ Mods SilverPonyGt graemlins/thatfunny.gif

don't put any money into "performance" modifications to your probe... if you really feel like throwing money away like that, I can give you my address for you to send me the money instead. The only advice I can give you(and I'm suprised that these other a-holes are just trying to shove other cars and mod ideas down your throat) learn as much about ALL of your choices as you can. Not only what modifications work, but how they work (that helps alot). And before you spend any money, know what you're spending it on.