Yet another Mustang....

Guest FastSaleen

Guest FastSaleen

OK, so I'm another noob with a 5.0 'stang - but mine isn't just any Mustang. I have a 1988 Saleen Mustang (#381 to be exact). There are way too many mods on the car to list them here. Just to name a few: Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, GT40 upper & lower intake, roller rocker, 'Detroit Locker' 3.55 gears, Flowmaster Stage Two mufflers, Dr.Gas X pipe, etc., etc. Here's a pic of me passing a BMW on Mid-Ohio's front straight:

http://www.holyrollerz.org/carpics/Saleen_fs2.jpg

and one in my driveway before it was prepped for racing:

http://www.holyrollerz.org/carpics/Saleen_Probe2.jpg

Hope to see some of you around town or at some of the NASA events.

Guest FastSaleen
Originally posted by 99blownyellowgt:

Is that in the rain? Geez i get scared driving my stang in the rain.Welcome by the way.

Yes, it was raining that day. And yeah, driving it in the rain can be really hard - especially with the locker rear-end. I did well that day, though - I was about 7 seconds faster than everyone else in my class that day. I just kinda wish it had rained all weekend cause I ended up second that weekend, beaten by 1.3 seconds.

I did forget to post my 'history', but if I give it all to you, you will figure out that I must be old. lol Seriously, I am in my 40's and have been involved with racing (real racing) since the early 90's. I have done work for Arie Luyendyk, Parnelli Jones, and Parnelli's sons P.J. and Page. I ran SCCA Solo events for 4 years. Now I road race my '88 Saleen. As you can see by my signature, I won my championship last year.

Thanks everyone for all the 'welcomes'.

Guest FastSaleen

Thanx everyone!

Yeah, I've always said the 1988 was the best Saleen to own - Steve Saleen took what he learned from back to back Trans Am championships in 86 & 87 and applied it to the 88's. I've got a pic of it going around turn 13 at Mid-Ohio and the difference in how far both sides are sitting off the ground is about 1".

I agree - very partial to fox bodies. smile.gif

Welcome.Did you just move to Galloway or is the Saleen not on the street much?I would have thought I would have seen it around.I don't miss a Mustang when I am out.Even my 4 yr old son spots Mustangs for me when we are driving around.

Under "At the Track" - Road Racing Fun

Originally posted by FastSaleen:

Here is the Ohio-Indiana & Midwest NASA schedule. For those that don't now about it, anyone can drive at these events - just join NASA and sign up for the HPDE program. Your previous experience will be used for NASA to determine where you start in HPDE.

Ohio-Indiana

------------

4/1-3 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington OH

5/21-22 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN

6/11-12 BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, Wampum PA

7/16-17 Gingerman Raceway, South Haven MI

8/13-14 Waterford Hills, Detroit MI

9/2-4 BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, Wampum PA

10/8-9 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN (combined with MW)

Midwest

-------

4/8-10 Road America, Elhart Lake WI

6/3-5 Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL

6/25-26 Blackhawk Farms, Rockton, IL

7/9-10 Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, IL

9/24-25 Mid America Motorplex, Pacific Junction IA

10/8-9 Putnam Park Road Course, Mt.Meridian IN (combined with OH-IN)

I am one of the Ohio-Indiana and Midwest Region NASA 'hard carded' officials. I am Co-Chief of Pit & Grid and I am the region's Chief Pace Car Driver. Look for the Dark Gray Metalic Saleen with the number 188 on the doors at any of these tracks to find me. Or look for my gray Airstream 190 motorhome (really a converted van with a raised roof, but Airstream makes such a nice conversion). I can always use someone shotgun in the pace car and I give rides 'at speed' in the Saleen.

Guest FastSaleen
Originally posted by NOS50:

Welcome.Did you just move to Galloway or is the Saleen not on the street much?I would have thought I would have seen it around.I don't miss a Mustang when I am out.Even my 4 yr old son spots Mustangs for me when we are driving around.

It hasn't been out since last fall. I don't drive it at all in the winter and the car does only have 28,000 original miles on it. I've only owned the car for 2 years now, and the guy that owned it before me had it sitting in a garage for a few years. It will be out again, but it isn't really a street car anymore. I do take it to some of the UFO Cruise-Ins at Lincoln Village. I should be there a couple of times this year.

Guest FastSaleen
Mine is only worth looking at cause it's the original paint (still glossy) and it only has 28000 miles on it - and people enjoy reading the mod list.

Originally posted by FastSaleen:

Thanx everyone!

Yeah, I've always said the 1988 was the best Saleen to own - Steve Saleen took what he learned from back to back Trans Am championships in 86 & 87 and applied it to the 88's.

graemlins/bsflag.gif I dunno mine 1987 #79 would be idenical to your's cept for a lower production year in 87 than 88