Career change to construction

hpfiend

Guest GSRchick714
Construction? Why would you choose that after you have your Bachelors AND Masters in Molecular Biology? I mean, were you having that much trouble finding a job? Is this a permanent career move?!?!

Originally posted by hpfiend:

Hey all,

I am switching fields from molecular biology to

construction.

I have a masters degree and bachelors in molecular biology.

Any leads?

Thanks,

Andrew

if your serious this is kind of a bad time of year to get into the business. check the paper though usually one of the bigger homebuilders are looking for someone

dont need too much schooling to swing a hammer or use a saw... dunno why you would want to do that over your field... though... i have heard highway road work is one of the most fullfilling jobs there is. Good pay, work outside... good exercise. Might be something to look into.

becuase you can't learn how to swing a hammer in school. you have to learn how to do it on the job. its hard work but it can be rewarding if you get into historical renovation and stuff, new guys get started picking up trash and digging holes, you HAVE to work your way up in a craft type job theres no way around it