How motorcycles get dropped...

DangBruhY

Your body heals for free...Fixing plastics and replacing parts gets expensive.

This has always been my motto, but it took fucking 8 months for my tendons to heal in BOTH arms from being stupid and catching falling bikes.... I don't think the '78 Suzi was worth THAT much trouble... (not that it stopped me from riding, but I couldn't lift weights and I wimpered a lot while trying to tuck my shirt in for months... )

I dropped mine being a lazy retard. I live in an aparment complex, me and the wife were riding to the garage to put our bikes away. We got there, I decided to try and left the garage door while sitting on my bike. Well, i got it mostly up and the bike started going. I saved the bike and decided that was a good Idea. I backed it up a little, put the kickstand down and got off to lift the door. I hear a crash, look over and my bikes down. Idk what it was, the slope or the kickstand not being down. I stood and looked for a moment and some neighbors (:asshole:) got a good laugh.

• 1 month later...

@magley64, You are so right!! I was faced with 2 choices at that point. Either get a pocket rocket or learn a technique to pick up my own bike. No choice, since giant boyfriend is military and may not be able to come my rescue every time.

time to hit the gym...

600's aren't that heavy, you should be tough enough to pick it up in a month or 2 if you start hitting the squats and weight bench hard..

my hand slipped a week ago and my side case hit the garage floor. I was so embarrased, I snatched it back up in a heartbeat (go adrenaline!)

Edited by magley64

I dropped my Dad's Goldwing a few years back :( I was in the process of putting the Kickstand down, and the Misses shifter her weight just the wrong way, at just the wrong time. The Kickstand sprung back up, and it was all I could do to just lower the bike to the ground so it did not get hurt.

KillJoy

time to hit the gym...

600's aren't that heavy, you should be tough enough to pick it up in a month or 2 if you start hitting the squats and weight bench hard..

<-----wanting to check out Mag's biceps, if he thinks a 500-pound bike is "not that heavy" wtf LOL

<-----wanting to check out Mag's biceps, if he thinks a 500-pound bike is "not that heavy" wtf LOL

it's a 600, how heavy could it be? I rode a 550 ltd when I was 12, and the rule at home was "you can ride it when you can pick it up", then when i turned 17 I went to a 77 cb750 (HEAVY)...

currently I ride a CBR1100XX, a little on the husky side, but not rediculously heavy.

why is your 600 about 100 lbs heavier than a cbr of the same year?

Edited by magley64

keep in mind you arent literally picking it up, just pushing it up so you dont need to be able to literally lift it. When I was 16 I "picked up" my 94 Suzuki RF600 (430lbs) that someone so kindly knocked over. :dunno:

keep in mind you arent literally picking it up, just pushing it up so you dont need to be able to literally lift it. When I was 16 I "picked up" my 94 Suzuki RF600 (430lbs) that someone so kindly knocked over. :dunno:

correct, you're using arms, legs and core, so it isn't that bad...

it's a 600, how heavy could it be? I rode a 550 ltd when I was 12, and the rule at home was "you can ride it when you can pick it up", then when i turned 17 I went to a 77 cb750 (HEAVY)...

currently I ride a CBR1100XX, a little on the husky side, but not rediculously heavy.

why is your 600 about 100 lbs heavier than a cbr of the same year?

Beats the hell outta me! LOL the manufacturer says the dry weight for that model is 460 lbs. With fuel and fluids, 505 pounds.

And yes, I learned how to "push" the bike up, rather than try to lift it. The lifting is just not gonna happen, bro. LOL

Walking next to the bike while pushing it instead of sitting on it. My brother bought a brand new bike and had it literally about 45 minutes when one of his friends dropped it doing that. I would have killed him, my brother just said "oh well, it's just a bike, but you're never touching it again" haha.

lol funny this thread is bumped.

i got off work a few minutes ago. went out and lo and behold, my bike is laying on its side. wtf? i assume the wind blew it over. it was pretty windy today, and the wind was coming from the kickstand side. i guess it just blew over. thank god no one else was parked next to me. could have been bad.

i got off work a few minutes ago. went out and lo and behold, my bike is laying on its side. wtf? i assume the wind blew it over. it was pretty windy today, and the wind was coming from the kickstand side. i guess it just blew over. thank god no one else was parked next to me. could have been bad.

ALWAYS turn the front wheel towards the side stand. That keeps weight on that side.

I had just got back from a round trip to Washington, PA. Pulled into the garage, wife started talking to me, took off helmet, wife goes back inside, took off gloves, then lifted my right leg over the bike.. For some reason it kept going further and further to the left. Luckily my son's battery jeep was there for me to brace myself on. Lots of fun picking a bike off yourself w/one leg in the air. Damn long rides!

• 2 years later...

Old thread but my SNAFU momment was changed the oil, gave her a bath, did all the minor adjustment so i could pack her away for the winter that way when i got her out in the spring she would be reasdy to roll. One last quick ride i pulled into the back yard and hit the wet grass where i had just washed it, front brakes were a bad idea.

pulled my turbo in side-yard, kickstand on crushed beer-can, gave her bath, dried her off, waxed nice and pretty, went back in took shower, came out she must have been tired it was on its side, dam beer-can.

never use a Light beer can!