Fuck Gas Prices, 42.00 to fill up!

SpaceGhost

:bs:

$2.87 for 93. I may get rid of the STI and buy a fucking Prius! What kind of times do they run......... :finger:

I think it is about time to start repealing some fucking GAS TAXES for a few months to lower the price! I fucking hate CHINA!

• Confused 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

China?

We need to start tapping the South American oil reserves.

I'm not talking about tapping China for Oil, I'm pissed about their Car boom! in 2010 China will surpass America with the most amount of cars on the road. China is the major factor in gas prices, it's just not talked about. In 1995 there were 2 million cars in China, in 2005 now there are 20 million. Think about that for a bit......Supply and demand.............

Not to mention their cars are less efficent than ours with the 1980's emmisions equipment they are using (fucking GM). They use Euro 2 standards, Europe is now on Euro 5 standards. China's government is afraid to make GM and other manufactures use better emissions equipment because the automobile is the Number one driving force in their economy right now and they don't want cars to cost more.

I'm waiting for my first 300hp STI hybrid!

You could always pick up a diesel car, and convert it using the greasecar kit so it could run off used resturaunt grease. Keep the fast car as a weekend fun thing, and the diesel beater as your daily go-to-work car.

Hell, Mercedes-Benz used to make some rather nice looking, comfortable diesels that can be had cheap these days.

I found out the BP at Morse/I-71 limits you to only $65. Was filling up the work van, and that's all they will sell at one time. :rolleyes: Of course the damn thing had several gallons to go! Certified at Westerville Rd. and 161 limits you to only $50!

These prices have to drop. If it goes much higher, I'm going to just change the timing on the Formula and run straight race gas, as the price gap is narrowing quickly!

E-85? Info please.

Otherwise, gas prices are sucking my ass.

85% Ethanol, 15% gas. Not all cars can take it straight from the pump as alcohol is corrosive to seals and hoses. But some cars are built to run on gas or e-85. (So called "flex fuel" vehicles) It's 105 octane and alcohol has a cooling effect when burned. Although you will get fewer MPG with E-85 because it's energy content (Lower Heating Value) is much less then gas and stoiciometric A/F is much less then gas's 14.7:1. (Straight Ethanol is 9:1). Although it's about 1.85 per gallon right now in WI.

wow. gas is about 30 cents cheaper near my 2nd job than where i live. i wish i would have taken morse to 270 from easton instead of easton to 270 so i could see those prices. hell, itd almost be worth driving from gahanna (by the HS) to morse/stelzer if the difference is still 30 cents when i go empty (.30x12 = almost 4$). im seriously considering getting a cheap mountain bike and riding to work, which is only a mile away