Mansfield Bike Rally

ousley99

Oh snap..this is coming up real soon. Please work...PLEASE do not schedule me to work that weekend. PLEASE.

I went last year..had a decent time but couldn't find any of the stuff going on after the race cause they shut downtown ...well..down. DSB should have a crew rolling down.

No doubt, but I heard the PoPo puts a crackdown on that... I read in the paper awhile back that the cops were going to arrest people for loitering/trespassing just for being out there.

Then again, that's all secondhand, I never went out there after reading about the heavy law presence. I'm pretty much a law abiding guy, but the cops scare me. It's kind of like 'white coat syndrome' but with the law. You never know when someone's having a bad day and decides to exercise their authority for no other reason than a power trip.

If I remember right the constitution gives us the right to gather.

Peaceful assemblies... you are correct. But, you go ahead and explain the laws and merits of your Constitutional rights to some city cop who's job it is to give bikers a hard time on that weekend - especially the ones out on Park Ave. It's just not worth the hassle - to get hassled. I'm not ruining my night with a 2 hour debate in the back of a squad car about why I have a legal right to do this or that.

I'd rather just pack my shit up and move on to the 'sanctioned' areas of town (e.g. Snow Trails) where I won't be bothered.

I am confrontational, my wife is a military cop and a lot of my really good friends are civilian cops. I know how to talk to them and what to say. Plus let them arrest me for something I am doing legally, the air force has free lawyers.

I've been there every year for the last 10 years straight! I don't care what anyone says, Park Ave is still a sweet place to be on superbike wknd even after the cops started being dicks about 2 years ago..Go to the website I put on the first post and check out all of the events going on.

I've been there every year for the last 10 years straight! I don't care what anyone says, Park Ave is still a sweet place to be on superbike wknd even after the cops started being dicks about 2 years ago..Go to the website I put on the first post and check out all of the events going on.

Yeah it was about 2 years ago and it was because 1 or more people got killed on Park Ave that night.. Not because they wrecked a bike but because someone got pissed and smashed a guys head in with a brick.. There have also been a couple of shootings on park Ave during the bike event.. a few times in the past, people walked up, shot someone, and rode off on their bike.. No warning no conversation, just pulled the trigger and rolled off.

I am stayin in a motel in on Trimble Rd....so I will park my bike at the motel and walk down :drink:and then walk if not crawl back :D no worries about popos ....I will PM or post my number later so we can atleast catch up...or something...

Trimble Rd... dude, I wouldn't walk from there.

1) It's like a mile from Rt 30+Trimble to Park Ave+Trimble

2) Area is ghetto, pack your gat. The only motel that I remember is on Trimble is the Knights Inn, and that place has the cops called there every week.

Trimble Rd... dude, I wouldn't walk from there.

1) It's like a mile from Rt 30+Trimble to Park Ave+Trimble

2) Area is ghetto, pack your gat. The only motel that I remember is on Trimble is the Knights Inn, and that place has the cops called there every week.

+1 to agree with that. Better at least get a cab dude and dont forget the glock! haha

Just certain parts... I know that area is bad. You don't really want to be IN Mansfield, but rather the more...affluent...suburbs (Ontario or Lexington, preferred).

Hell, even staying as far away as Ashland (Rt. 250 & SR71 area) would be almost as good - just farther. Maybe ya'll could just stay with Schmuck!?

Just certain parts... I know that area is bad. You don't really want to be IN Mansfield, but rather the more...affluent...suburbs (Ontario or Lexington, preferred).

Hell, even staying as far away as Ashland (Rt. 250 & SR71 area) would be almost as good - just farther. Maybe ya'll could just stay with Schmuck!?

Maybe if your house broken.

Mansfield isnt that bad anywhere, i lived downtown next to the hospital with no problems ever