Swapping a V8 into...

Bam

Ok, well I've got the motor/tranny sold out of the Supra, and I was thinking about dropping a V8 in it. I'm sure its been done, I'll search tomorrow, but what all would be involved? How cheap could I get a decent motor/tranny and what kind of power would it put down? I'm new to V8's, only dealt with 4 and 6cylinders, with FI. So school me if you will.

Thanks

302 out of a foxbody stang. carburated then you dontahve to deal wiht computer and wiring harness.. look for around 220 rwhp and 300rwtq. dont know what tranny youd need. the rear end in that car should be sufficient for the power youll make, so no need to replace it.

Sweet, I'll look around for one, approx how much should I plan to spend on the motor? Those motors like spray too right? You think the rearend would hold up a 100shot or so? I'll have to get on the supra forums to see what tranny i would need, or where would I even find that info, lol.

Oh yeah, and I want to carb it to leave out the wiring bullshit, but what about all the power accesories inside the car, i mean this car is loaded, power windows, locks, seats, etc etc. Also, how would I get the speedo/tach to work correctly?

Old school SBC all the way, worked for me.

I have seen it done in a MKIII before. It wasn't done well but at least you know it will fit.

If you have the cash, I can fabricate the motor and tranny mounts and anything else you may be timid about doing yourself.

well you can look to spend any where from 800 - 1200 for the motor and tranny together. yes the motors like spray, but make sure you get a 86 - 90 motor. the bottom end in those years are forged, and will take tons of spray. i sprayed my 88 wiht a 175 shot bone stock motor. it made 391rwhp and 532rwtq. major thing you need to take care of is getting a clutch that wil hold. so if your looking to make those kind of numbers, get a spec stage 3, ask fowler he can vouch for it.

all your accesorries windows and what not should be fine. for a tach, speedo, and what not im not sure. id say get some autometers and run those. simply and easy. get your oil, water, volt, tach, and speedo from autometer, wire them up and have fun. you may be able to rewire for the stock gauges to work, but i dont know.

If going carbed, SBC all the way. There isn't a motor out there (even the 5.0) that has the number of aftermarket parts for it, or has been swapped into more vehicles than the SBC. Parts are cheap, overly plentiful, and you'll never have trouble finding someone that knows how to work on one. And HP is simply how much you want to spend, and the sky is the limit.

If going carbed, SBC all the way. There isn't a motor out there (even the 5.0) that has the number of aftermarket parts for it, or has been swapped into more vehicles than the SBC. Parts are cheap, overly plentiful, and you'll never have trouble finding someone that knows how to work on one. And HP is simply how much you want to spend, and the sky is the limit.

i agree.

if you want to stay fuel injected though, a 5.0L is the cheapest way to go, or just go all out and swap in an LS-1 :D

No, I don't want to mess with fuel injected crap, but sorry If this is a stupid question, but what is SBC, or what does it stand for? I don't know shit about V8's. I've thought about an LS1, a buddy has one in an 87 rx7, and its badass but definitely pricey.

bull shit! there's just as many part's for the winsor engine .