Hard Shifting 2001 Grand Prix 3.1

thorne

My wifes car a 2001 Grand Prix 3100 motor with about 82k on it is shifting really hard. I thought the motor mounts were shot but i looked at the front 2 they had some play but that did not seem to horrid any help appreciated.

Checked the Tranny fluid looked cool maybe a TAD high but i can tell if i had the car perfectly level because of my were i live.

Maybe its chipped? The chips stiffen up the shifts a ton, otherwise i know mine shifts hard sometimes because one of my mounts has abnormal play in it like you said about hers. I had the tranny flushed and the filter/gasket replaced a few months back and it helped a ton, my car only has 50k on it as well.

good luck

i bought the gasket kit at autozone for like $25, then took it and my car over to derek at firestone, he hooked me up, not sure on the price exactly, i can check my receipts if you want but give him a call and he's cool as hell. 256-4040, just tell him u want the CR discount.

The fiance's car does that as well. 00 grand prix gt, 3.8

Also, hers has a wine to it. Sounds like a roots blower almost, and it is directly related to engine rpm. I was thinking a bearing in one of the engine accys, but i cant find any with play or wear on them. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Oh, and i am curious on price as well for the flush and fill.

Guest fixerupper
My civic had a hard shift problem, check the shift rod where it connects to the knob and the tranny and make sure that nothing is bound up at any of the joints. This is about the second car I've owned that that has happened to.