Need some help with a name

MrMeanGreen

I've been kicking around the idea of starting another car club for the area, similar to COFBA. Instead of focusing on F-Bodies, it will be focused on GM EFI-powered vehicles from 1982 to present. F-Bodies, Vettes, Turbo Buicks, GTOs, trucks, etc. Something for people on the GM side of the fence to be able to participate in and have a good time while sharing a common vehicle base.

That being said, the first step would be to have a cool name, preferable something catchy and to the point, possibly with a memorable anagram if choices allow it.

I was thinking about something along the lines of "Modern GM Musclecar of Columbus" or similar. But I'm at an empass trying to find the right title.

So, anyone have any honest ideas to help? Beware the smartass remarks as I am in a bad mood and you'll probably get edited and have a gay avatar added to your now-locked profile.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please do NOT use "Central Ohio" - instead, go with Columbus. Unless you really care about people in Mt. Gilead or wherever getting offended that it's not called Central Ohio Whatever, then go with Columbus. It's a matter of city pride. "Central Ohio" as a moniker is too watered down, too generic, and, frankly, diminishes Columbus as a city. Really, Columbus is Central Ohio - we should start acting that way. Who on the outside of Columbus should give us any respect if we don't afford it to ourselves in the first place?

Using "Central Ohio" as a descriptor is only slightly less annoying and derogatory than using "Columbus, Ohio." Both relegate Columbus to inferior status, and that, to a one of us, should be unacceptable.

I don't have enough knowledge about GMs and such to intelligently contribute to an overall name that would adequately capture the spirit, or intent, or membership of the site. However, if I had any input at all in this, then I would advocate strongly for avoiding "Central Ohio" in the name.

Also, I'm with Nate - the name would be even better if we could employ a nickname. Unfortunately, Columbus doesn't have a nationally recognized nickname, not like the Queen City for Cincinnati, Motor City for Detroit, the Windy City for Chicago, and so forth. Locally, Columbus is often referred to as "Cap City" or the "Capital City," but, beyond Ohio, that means just about jack as a nickname. So, while it may have a ring to it, I would consider it, overall, meaningless. Also, save the whole "Cow Town" shit - not only is that inaccurate, it also helps contribute to the persistent inferiority complex of our city. Don't be those people.

just call it P.o.s.-Racing and include all us GM guys :)

imo

fixed

How about..........

Mullets of Columbus

Generic cars of Columbus

Alway 2nd to a ford in Columbus

Crap it broke again.com

turdJunk.com

Or for real

SBC of Columbus

Columbus bowties

Gm Columbus Power

New generation Columbus Chevies

Columbus L Series Enthuiasts

Next Gereration Chevies of Columbus

I hate carbs (Columbus Chapter)

Fuck carbs " "

I can't tune a carb (Anthony would be a charter member here for sure)

Do I get a cookie if I get you a reasonable name???