Official Dyno Day 29th Oct.

Crash1647545504

Today i decided to see what exactly the factor motor is worth on just more boost.

If you remember, i dynoed 160.5whp/206.4wtrq "stock". The boost at that time was abnormally high, surging to 12psi and falling to 10psi. Todays pulls were done with a simple boostvalve MBC cranked all the way down. On the highway at speeds around 100mph, it will surge to about 18 and even 19psi, but on the dyno it ran up to about 16psi, and fell on its face just like it should.

This time though, i got them to hook up a wideband O2 and get the A/F on it to see where it was... the results were rather interesting.....

RESULTS

HORSEPOWER

171.8whp / 223.2wtrq

BOOST

16psi@3500rpm - 10psi@6400rpm

AIR/FUEL

14.6-15.5

So, the problems here....

1. Theres more power to this setup... just not enough fuel.

2. The turbo just falls on its face after about 4200rpm.

3. My car was dirty.

I mean i cant be upset with a motor that makes 202bhp and 263 lb-ft... but at the same time, im disappointed in the results compaired to optimum results. Bottom line, the little $25 boost controler found an extra 11.3whp/and 16.9wtrq. A quick and easy gain for the n00bies.

Either way, i have 3 things to do and ill have it back on the dyno again.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/mrmeanr/DSC01826.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AIR/FUEL

14.6-15.5

uh...

Bottom line, the little $25 boost controler found an extra 11.3whp/and 16.9wtrq. A quick and easy gain for the n00bies.

i hope one of them remembers you said that when they pop that motor from running so lean. 15.5? it wasnt detonating at all?

uh...

i hope one of them remembers you said that when they pop that motor from running so lean. 15.5? it wasnt detonating at all?

uh is right

if anything you might lose some power when u add fuel