Anyone in the Trades?? Electrical, Plumbing, Concrete???

Akula

I am going to be building a house out in Hilliard this spring. It is going to be a log home and I will need some subs for various parts of the build that either I don't want to do, or don't have the skills for.

Concrete (I need a footer laid out/poured and help with the basement walls)

Electrical (Need a panel hung and a very limited amount of interior I will do most of it.)

Plumbing (Connection to septic and well)

HVAC (need someone that does geo-thermal/radiant)

Excavating (basement dug, driveway)

Well Drilling

If you are in these trades I would like to talk to you. PM me, I am working a personal draw schedule and probably won't need tons of your time so it can be under the table. Things like the foundation footer will be contracted.

I work for DirectBuy, so I kind of specialize in finishing products, In terms of access to cost pricing for such things.

Meaning: Windows, siding, doors, Flooring, Cabinents, countertops, fixtures of all sorts, Tubs/showers, window treatments, paint, etc etc...

The people that I work with most often are those who are building or renovating.

Let me know if you'd like more info.

/sales pitch.

No account. We dont get into building materials as to avoid stepping on builders toes.

In addition, we dont price match. Price matching isnt really an issue when you are buying at cost. Members pay what the stores paid for the items in the first place so unless the store (whether it be a wholesaler, retail, or other) is losing money on something, our price is better.

My brother built/had one built (log cabin that is). if you are going to have a full walk in basement I would recomend you put the box down there, it will make thinks alot easier for you also make sure you plan wayyyyyy ahead on where all phone cable power outlets are at If its a true log cabin all the holes and wiring is ran as that house is built. Also if you have a full basement go 13 blocks high on the walls it will give you more head room and will help cover /box in any pipes or heating/ac ducts.

I am in the construction trade. More specifically concrete sawing, (any size hole, or opening). I work among the best of all trades. Let me know what/who you cant find and I'll put in some calls. I also used to own a painting company let me know if you need help. I still get my discount at all the professional paint stores. I would definatly go with poured walls if you are going that route. I can hook you up with a company. The money spent will be saved down the road in structural integrity and utilities. I can also hook you up with a block company. Let me know, most of the guys who work for the major construction companies all do work on the side and those are the guys you want. I also have alot of equipment.

I do electrical work. Not as a profession, but still can take it from the weatherhead (piece at the top of the roof pipe where overhead wiring comes in) to the outlet and not have a problem anywhere inbetween.

It depends on where you are building, some area's require a licensed bonded electrican to sign off on the job and still others require it to be wired by a professional start to finish. Then of course there are areas that say if it passes zoning inspection and power company then who cares. I know several licensed guys that if zoning permits will file for the electrical permits and inspect it and sign off on it for a fee and let someone else (me) do the work.

Check with the zoning guys for specifics on what they require, because you do NOT want to do it wrong. They will flat tell you to rip it out and have it redone to their local ordnance.

NOw either way it goes, with a log home, if it's will be exposed log on the interior it creates some issues with running the wire, so be aware that it's easier to drill the holes as the logs go up than it is to try to drill through 24 inches of wood and cement. I would also sujest that if you are planning a wired computer network, get that in place during the build and have the electric brought in underground, which to look the best will require a conduit stub up through the concrete pad. As well if you are planning a detached garage in the future, I would have them run couduit to it as well so that you will not have to have a conduit stub and an elbow running down the side of a log home later on. It really detracts for a log home IMO.

I worked with my uncle for ~a year custom finishing basements (mostly in the Dublin area). So it was high $$,$$$ stuff and he is very anal. I learned how to do a lot of rough in/finishing stuff very well. Having said that I don't do anything like that for a 'trade'. I however do know how to do it and if you are in a pinch and need some help for a day or a weekend I'd be more than happy to donate some time (for beer and pizza) if I'm free!