Since the thread I was posting to disappeared....

Fonzie

......And since it was too big to PM Lizzard...I tried...System wouldn't let me without splitting it in pieces. I knew I spent waaaay too much time on this :cool:

I'll try and explain and give reasonings here as many of the guys chiming in are those who probably believe in the ways I go against...

OK....I'm obviously one you're referring to as "chiming in" here. Already you're painting a "Me/Them...Right/Wrong...Black/White" scenario, not to mention you make it sound as if you're waging some epic battle against the forces of evil

First, there are a LOT of people who come to sites like this hoping to find answers. They look at post counts, look at titles, look at if you are a "supporter", etc. to decide whether that person responding and starting threads is a legit and informative individual. A lot of times, they are one dimensional and lack deep experience in the subject yet feel the need to reply as if they are 100% experienced and well knowing of the topic at hand.
I cited an example of one of your posts.....So if this is directed at me, please do the same where I acted like I "feel the need to reply as if they are 100% experienced and well knowing of the topic at hand."
My problem is that I do have a lot of experience. Much is bad and much is probably worthless and pointless, but it is experience. I have never expressed I know it all. I also have never said I was better or best when compared to others. I use what knowledge I have and experience I have been a part of to support what I say. Take the $200 for a used PC. I used the Ebay link to support why I felt $200 used was too high. Someone can get a new in the box system for $70 more. Maybe to some, $70 is a huge savings and is worth buying used.
26% savings. Value depends on shape of part
However, what I did was plant a seed in someone's mind hopefully to let them know there are choices. What really is something is when I tell you how long I have been doing this. The people I have had the honor of being around, the sports marketing departments I have been a part of and meeting those who I have had as heroes, but have been friends with due to my job, and finally, the companies I have worked for that are leaders in certain fields of our sport of motorcycle riding and racing...
Again....Reading as a bit braggadocios
I also like to argue to understand and learn.
Understand.....And agree with your point here....However I think certain "tones" during said debates/arguments are more easily/readily accepted
I make comments that are within my responses that actually support folks at times that I "argue" with.
Understood....But this again relates to "tone", & sometimes...especially in print/type....Things get easily misconstrued as condescending/patronizing
Those never seem to get read or quoted.
Perhaps there's a reason for that.....
Arguing allows us to learn. If you argue, you need to have facts to help support your response. If you do not, you look silly and are visibly shown as really not a good choice for such info... Thus, weeds out those who are really less experienced and those who are solely basing their statements on opinion over a small amount of time put into it.
Why is this your "job" though....Who designate you to do the weeding, not to mention the opinion you must have of yourself to decide to appoint yourself
The poll here is a funny one. I'd appreciate it if it were taken down, but it also allows me to show others just how childish people are when stood up against. I ruffle feathers of those with weak dispositions and those who lack the knowledge to stand up and actually support what they say.
So anyone who disagrees with you & gets stood up against by you is "childish" with "weak dispositions" and you ruffle feathers because of their "lack of knowledge"...WOW :eek:....That whole statement sounds a bit arrogant Lizz. I think I've got a pretty strong disposition Lizz, but usually choose not to invest as much time as I've already done today, after that first time we danced right after I joined
It's easy for someone to get upset and be a kid and act out like this poll to supposedly prove a point to others that they are king of the hill and can never be slapped around.
OK...I didn't start the poll, so I'm going to assume this is intended for Mikey....Yet I've never gotten the impression he tried to act like "King of the Hill" around here, so I'm a bit confused by that whole comment :confused:
Otherwise, you will brunt their anger by having to read a poorly organized retort... "Take that"....
That comment in blue reminds me more of you
I'm secure in what I do and how I act. I really try and help those who ask for it.

I try and take that experience I have collected and try and give out good info to those asking. Real world info...

I stated in that other thread that I thought your intent was to be helpful
Too many of you guys get hung up on the race background.
That's because one way or another, I've read it or what you do for a living in quite a few of your replies
What you don't realize is that the background is like racing in general. The stuff we learn racing trickles down to the street guys and their machines... So, it is a direct link to what sometimes happens before it hits the streets...
Fair enough
The CBR600RR (2005-2006) comment about the bike being less desired machine. That comment was based on the fact that there are more 600s from other manufacturers that are more desired on the standpoint of a few things. Parts in the aftermarket. CBR600s (until the reinvented 2007) are not the first to get parts made for them. Think GSXR, R6, etc. Simple stuff like that is sometimes tough to take when you own one, but in reality, it is sometimes not so. The CBR600RR is a good bike. I never stated it sucked, it was a pile of shit, only girls ride them, etc. I stated it was less desired in terms of comparing it to the other 600s....
It may or may not be a less desired track bike, but Honda has built a stout reputation of being a reliable/trouble-free/refined machine. There are plenty of people who find those attributes desirable. I'll go back & re-read, but IIRC, Matt didn't mention track use as one of his deciding factors. Again....Not everybody is as singularly focused on that aspect of riding as you Lizz

As far as Honda being behind in aftermarket products....I'll definately concede that point to you. Though not mechanical/tuner/race bits, I think it's a sad situation that Joe Rocket finally had to get involved for there to be a decent selection of gear/apparel....And even then, I've spoken to vendors who say Honda gives JR fits nit picking little details like size/placement of logos etc. Before JR got involved though, didn't seem like you could find much Honda gear at all :rolleyes:

Point is simple. I try and not let my feelings get in the way of an argument. You may think I do not accept when I am wrong or cannot accept another person's opinion. I can. I have. If I am wrong, I will admit it. However, you must prove your point, too.
And therein lies part of my point.....You're so entrenched in your point of view, that unless I'm being paid for it, I usually won't spend this much of my time on something.
Remember one thing - arguments are two sided. If I don't stand down, it is because the other/s do not, as well...
God forbid you walk away first or let somebody have the last word, ehhhh?!?
In the end, you guys can have some fun at my expense.
I assure you....This isn't my idea of fun. I'm actually pissed at myself about how much time I've spent on this. Which is why I usually just let it go....Not because of my "weak disposition" as you were potentially referring to above
Sorry I offend you guys out there. I'm a pretty good guy in person, I think.
I think I started my initial post by saying you may be completely different in person than I read you online
At least I have a lot of folks who are either being completely lied to or bambozzled or I have a decent network of friends out there...
We all need all the friends we can get! ;)

Unless you say something else here that "ruffles my feathers".....I'm done with this & going back to my formerly perceived "weak disposition"

I didn't have a chance to post a reply this morning before the thread got closed, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I really don't have anything else to add at this point, as Fonzie just nailed it in the above post.

Lizard, I apologize for the childish poll, especially since I've never really had a problem with you directly. However that's mostly due to the fact that really don't like to argue and just stay out of the threads you are posting in. It seems as though every time you post you are telling someone they are wrong and you know more about whatever the current subject is.

That's all I'm gonna say about it

Whoa.

It's all I'm gonna say. Well... maybe not...

I've touched base with a few guys and actually have a new found faith that people on threads or websites with forums aren't all dumbasses or dousche bags. There's actually some folks I think are stand up and good people after a bit of arguing. I think that's cool.

BUT, there's always a few bad eggs out there that just can't let things go and see what the BIG picture is as opposed to disecting every small particle in an effort to support their causes.

So, in the end, I think I understand more about a few people on here and have feelings that they are good folks. Others, however, still have me scratching my head in wonder. Maybe they'll eventually get it figured out and when they do, we can all sit back and laugh.

To those I've talked with via PMs or posts - Cheers to you all and let's call it good.:smile:

Whoa.

It's all I'm gonna say. Well... maybe not...

I've touched base with a few guys and actually have a new found faith that people on threads or websites with forums aren't all dumbasses or dousche bags. There's actually some folks I think are stand up and good people after a bit of arguing. I think that's cool.

BUT, there's always a few bad eggs out there that just can't let things go and see what the BIG picture is as opposed to disecting every small particle in an effort to support their causes.

So, in the end, I think I understand more about a few people on here and have feelings that they are good folks. Others, however, still have me scratching my head in wonder. Maybe they'll eventually get it figured out and when they do, we can all sit back and laugh.

To those I've talked with via PMs or posts - Cheers to you all and let's call it good.:smile:

And with that, this thread is closed. You all had a chance to speak your minds. I personally think you all are good people, just a little retarded for arguing on the internet.

retard.jpg

Just kidding guys. We all need to vent once in a while. I expect you all to hug and make up.