What motors have four camshafts?

Bam

DOHC (Dual Over Head Cam) V-anythign

could also be a boxer engine too

Wouldn't that be two (dual)? And DOHC was an option but I matched that to : Dual Overhead Cam. So anything else?

This is for a class im taking.

even though i own this thread :p

Your thinking of either a Subaru engine or a Porsche engine if your looking at 2.0L engine with 4 cams.

Two pistons go one direction, the other two go the exact opposite direction... Boxer engine. Each set of pistons has its own head, thus its own set of cams. So 4 total cams.

No sorry, those two questions aren't related whatsoever, just happen to be on this activity sheet thing. You want me to just bring my hw out tonight so you can do it? lol

ill give it a shot. Why not take a free tutoring lesson ;)

Normally they're in CC's but I'm guessin somewhere in the 629 CI range if the math is correct.

its 122... as stated abouve.... your math is the suxxor :p

So since when does a Civic carry 640ci of iron under the hood??? A lot of Civic have 1.6L engines.

Sweet, hooters? I'd buy you a beer but....I can't. Where can I take free tutoring lessons?

Yea ill be out there. Everyday can be a free tutoring lesson if you listen and learn from the right people ;) 95% of what i know about cars and engines, is from listening and learning from other people first hand... not from reading books and watching TV. If you can find a group of intelligent individuals in the right areas... youll learn more than school can ever teach you.

Yeah I hear ya, it just sucks to start out as the stupid one, lol. Cool, I'll be out.

Thanks Derek, I actually didn't know that, nor did what quad cams were. I thought DOHC meant two cams....live and learn.

Guest FBody Addict
i put the wrong nubers though, but fixed it, are you arny corps of engineers or demolitions, i'm joining and trying to pick a job, with a 93 on the ASVAB i'm elegible for anything