Its finally out, and owns all!

XChris1632X

i hope im not the last person to know this and im actually informing someone who didnt know but all the wait for me is over. i dont care about the price once im out of school come july that bitch will be powering my Z

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=29419&parentCategoryId=10763&langId=-1

Well it only make 505. That is gonna put you at 450-460 rwhp. Your gonna need alot more than that to own all. And for 12K your could build a motor that makes more power than 450 rwhp.

Well it only make 505. That is gonna put you at 450-460 rwhp. Your gonna need alot more than that to own all. And for 12K your could build a motor that makes more power than 450 rwhp.

With the cam specs, size, and rev, that engine should make 'way' more power than it does. I think it's choked off and has a very conservative tune in stock form. Also has a dry sump system, that's huge imho.

Didn't someone put down ~500RWHP with just headers?

Not arguing that it's not overpriced, even for what it is. Just about any 'crate' engine, especially from the factory hand built, will be overpriced. I just don't think the 505 crank hp accurately portrays the capabilities of this engine.

I predict sometime in the near future someone with way too much money will take a C6 Z06 near it’s limits power wise and people will be pleasantly surprised with what it can handle.

With the cam specs, size, and rev, that engine should make 'way' more power than it does. I think it's choked off and has a very conservative tune in stock form. Also has a dry sump system, that's huge imho.

Didn't someone put down ~500RWHP with just headers?

Not arguing that it's not overpriced, even for what it is. Just about any 'crate' engine, especially from the factory hand built, will be overpriced. I just don't think the 505 crank hp accurately portrays the capabilities of this engine.

I predict sometime in the near future someone with way too much money will take a C6 Z06 near it’s limits power wise and people will be pleasantly surprised with what it can handle.

Untill you crank a ring land on those cast hyperutectic pistons.

Untill you crank a ring land on those cast hyperutectic pistons.

I didn't know that was the design on those?

Even if they did use those, I think it might be a case of bad press from the past. Maybe it's not necessarily a bad design but they got a bad rap from pervious engines where they were poorly implemented.

Anyone know what the pistons in the 03-04 Cobras were, or Supras (MK4), just wondering?

The pistons is the 03-04 cobra are forged from 4032 alloy which is also had some failures in higher hp applications. That is why most aftermarket foged pistons are made from 2618 silica free aluminum. I have no clue what came in the supras.

I thought I would toss this out too before someone says "well if they are so bad why does every manufacturer put them in their cars."

Hyperutectic pistons do not expand the way the other 2 mentioned above do. This is because they are cast with silica to reduce the amont of material needed. They also come out of the casting very easily which results in less material rejection which saves the manufacturer as much as 15% on costs. The silica creates small porous airpockets in the piston away from the surface. This allows the pistons to run tighter clearences in the bore making a quite motor and long engine life.

Yeah, weren't some of the Kenne-Bell guys melting pistons on the 03-04 Cobras?

Ford runs the piston to wall clearance .001-.002 (very tight) in the 03's. The main issue has not been the pistons, it has been the tight ring gap. People are soring up clyinder walls.

If your gonna spend that kind of money, how about this.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=25181&parentCategoryId=10763&langId=-1

To slow on the post, sorry.

i'd like to see you fit that in a newer F-body!

You are. You are comparing carbed BIG BLOCK Chevy's to a FI SMALL BLOCK. Not only is the motor a lot smaller, an all-aluminum w/ composite intake GEN IV SB is FFFAAAAARRRR lighter than an iron block/aluminum head BBC.

But building a Wolrd blocked/world headed LSx would be the better bet. Getting much stronger block, heads that are supposed to be very similar to the LS7 heads, and I believe the World heads are also 5 or 6 bolt per cylinder as well = much better clamping force for the heads. Of course we aren't talking about a crate motor either.

I'm still currious as to what an LS7 w/ a big cam, full exhaust, torque management removed, and a full tune will do. Once LS7_Edit is out, this will be discovered pretty shorty thereafter.

But building a Wolrd blocked/world headed LSx would be the better bet. Getting much stronger block, heads that are supposed to be very similar to the LS7 heads, and I believe the World heads are also 5 or 6 bolt per cylinder as well = much better clamping force for the heads. Of course we aren't talking about a crate motor either.

When are the world motors supposed to be coming out,and does LS1tech.com have any news on em yet?

You are. You are comparing carbed BIG BLOCK Chevy's to a FI SMALL BLOCK. Not only is the motor a lot smaller, an all-aluminum w/ composite intake GEN IV SB is FFFAAAAARRRR lighter than an iron block/aluminum head BBC.

I'm still currious as to what an LS7 w/ a big cam, full exhaust, torque management removed, and a full tune will do. Once LS7_Edit is out, this will be discovered pretty shorty thereafter.

Picky Picky Picky...

Small blocks then...

http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/ssr_126.htm

http://www.shafiroff.com/434_595_engine.asp

http://www.shafiroff.com/434a_sportsengine.asp

Again, carbed and iron blocks. And yes, I fully get that you can go aftermarket EFI on those setups, and there are tons and tons of aftermarket Gen I high performance aluminum blocks on the market. Also forgot the dry-sump oil system; pretty useless to drag racers, a big-deal items to those making lots of turns.

Ford runs the piston to wall clearance .001-.002 (very tight) in the 03's. The main issue has not been the pistons, it has been the tight ring gap. People are soring up clyinder walls.

Yup, it's the clearance. Very few have actually had skirt or ring land failures with the stock Mahle pistons. The guys that have run into trouble were doing repeated high speed runs and scored the teflon off the pistons due to the tight tolerences and aggressive tunes. There are a couple of guys on ModularFords.com running around 1000RWHP on the stock block using turbos. I'm curious to see how well they hold up without the searing heat of the Eaton or Twin screws.

i know its a lot of money but i love everything about it. a little spray and ill have all the power i want plus an aluminum block, dry sump, fuel injected, 427 small block instead of the 383 everyone else has now.

Mothapucka- its going into a 3rd gen not a newer one. the one in my signature. it probly wont be for another couple a years but hey theyll be cheaper.

Also forgot the dry-sump oil system; pretty useless to drag racers, a big-deal items to those making lots of turns.

Yeah, I'll admit I don't know as much about what you want in a car to make it go fast in a straight line as I do in a car that you want to make corner fast. I honestly didn't know if a dry sump system would help with any oil starvation issues due to accelerating G's (or if that would even starve this engine of oil). I know it couldn't hurt to know that your engine will be more likely to get oil (in odd situations).

Exactly what I've been wondering since the specs came out for this engine.... although if the World Block stuff is everything you and some other people are cracking it up to be, it does sound like a 'better' route.

Also forgot the dry-sump oil system; pretty useless to drag racers, a big-deal items to those making lots of turns.

Dry sump is a power thing for sure. It reduces crankshaft windage by locating oil storage away from the crank. It also creates crankcase vaccum which will produce a fare amount of power in itself. Dry sump is a very trick item any car enthusist would want. Also to the question of better oil supply there will never bee a shortage of oil supply in a dry sump system as long as the pump is working. The pump have what is called stages which refers to the number of locations that your pump is drawing oil from, and not all of them are from the bottom of the motor. This oil is then pumped to a storage tank where oil will always be available to the pump for distribution. So no matter the lateral forces applied to the car there will be oil supply.

Yeah damn stock 4 bangers put that out to the wheels. For that $, a built motor and a single turbo would net you 650-700whp on PUMP gas.