Valve Spring Installed Height+Help

98fiveseven1647545503

Ok still have a noise, a tick if you will. Sounds just like the old one.( was a bent valve and wiped cam lobe. I have been driving it latey and it has gotten worse. No redline, hell not really past 5000rpm. I changed Cam, Lifters, Pushrods, valve springs, and retainers and on cylinder #5 where I had the wiped cam ,bent pushrods and valves, I also changed rockers on this cylinder only. All others checked out fine and those appeared to but I changed them anyways to be on the safe side.

This tick is quieter when the engine is cold and gets louder with temperature.

Is also at valvetrain speed/injector speed.

Valve Spring Installed Height, could that cause piston to valve contact?

If so that could be my noise. If it is an installed height problem, would that be higher in the RPM range or Right off from start up?

Also was originaly told it could be a valve guideout of spec.

The noise could also popssibly be an injector going bad, have yet to get a noid light to verify that possibility. If there is any other information need to go with the above ask me. I will do my best to get all the info needed.

Thanks in advanced

Paul

update: it is an INTERNAL top end problem!

unpluged injectors and the sound did not deaden or slow down.

got to talking with a tech friend when i called to find out about procedures to do the injector checks and came to the realization that they probaly did not check/repair the valve guide where i had the bent valve. and the guy probaly did not set the installed height. SO IM PISSED....

If the motor has a reasonable amount of compression on that cylinder, get an air retainer (screws into the sparkplug hole and holds the valve in place as you remove the spring). Pull the spring and see if the valve rocks in the guide. There shouldn't be any slop in it at all. you should also be able to tell if a new valve guide has been installed or not because there should be machining marks on the top of the guide where it was cut to length. Unless it's an aluminium head, they all have inserts and that can make it tough to tell.

Hope it helps.

Only other thing I can think of is the lifter got damaged when teh valve bend and it never got replaced and it's not pumping up like it should. But not knowing if the motor even has hydraulic lifters, that is pure speculation.