Wreck update: about the car only

OGRE

I am buying back the mustang, i am probibly going to ask my dad to get a trailer to haul the car to his house and part it out. value (they said) was 6200 and the buyback is 500, which i could probibly make off the tranny and tri-ax shifter alone (if it is found to be still good)

Joel how many miles on the car I might have a interest in the motor for erics car even if it is not pi

119 which is kind of a baby for a 4.6. i was planning on pulling the intake and cams (both PI) out of the motor I can get around 250 for them combined for sure, i was going to just scrap the rest of the engine for 100 or so.

sorry scott, i needed a stock plenum and TB yesterday on short notice for the claims adjuster to see i had a "complete car" and worked out a deal with jason, i tried to get you on aim, but it was something i needed immediately.

since ur parting it out...anyone got dibs on the front bumper?

i keed.

hahahaha, the only body parts that are good are maybe the right side door and trunklid, the driver door would be ok but you would have to strieghten where teh Orge bent it to free himself from the car.

the biggest problem i'm facing if finding a way to get it to my dads house, then selling parts from his garage 60.mi away.

i'll take the shortblock for 100. I would also like your flywheel.

once i get the car i'll make an official thread here to offer the parts that i will be getting rid of first. and i will post it in the parts section. i'm still probibly about a week and a half from taking possesion of what's left of my mustang. but 100 for the shortblock is fair (when it's out)

OK, important developments. Initially i was going to gut the thing and sell it all off. After much thinking i have decided to buy a 99 or 00 GT. This is a VERY good thing because they are cheep enough now that my payments on a a "short" loan would be significan't less than my 98 and would only owe slightly more than i did when the 98 got wrecked. This and a stronger engine, less miles, it still uses the t-45 tranny (SPARE!! :)) and a vast majority of my bolt on stuff will switch over.

if the rearend will direct swap i may swap out the whole thing but i think 99+ cars axles are longer. so if i were to part out the current rear i would only sell the gear (very cheaply because it is used, and the axles. Keeping the Diff, and rearend support tro build the rearend that is in the newer car.

This is the happiest i've been sinc the accident, once i have my 98 paid off and taken possesion i will start negtotiating on buying one, I want to pay no more than 8.5K, preferably 8k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=191456280

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4584485044

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4585355079

get a cobra man

i was thinking about it. then realized 1) out of the 8.5k limit usually 2) i aready have a bunch of parts for a gt.

thanks for the imput, once i have taken care of recovering my car and getting the check to pay off my current loan i will be looking. one thing may be working for me, it's getting colder, and who buys RWD v-8 cars right before winter???? so i think in about 2 weeks i should be ready to seriously search and buy, i miss driving a mustang already :(

the cars above are just examples right now i doubt any will be around in 2 weeks, esspecially the supercharged one.

i was thinking about it. then realized 1) out of the 8.5k limit usually 2) i aready have a bunch of parts for a gt.

thanks for the imput, once i have taken care of recovering my car and getting the check to pay off my current loan i will be looking. one thing may be working for me, it's getting colder, and who buys RWD v-8 cars right before winter???? so i think in about 2 weeks i should be ready to seriously search and buy, i miss driving a mustang already :(

the cars above are just examples right now i doubt any will be around in 2 weeks, esspecially the supercharged one.

The Stang likey the new parts and cold air.

I'll sell you my 99 Stang GT for $7500. 99, red, 17" factory wheels, O/R H pipe, Flowmaster Exhasut, Granatelli Upper Plenum, BBK 75mm TB, BBK CAI, Steeda Shifter.... 74,000 miles