Speeding Tickets...

bbop0362

Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?

• I don't speed
    • 0-20MPH over speed limit
    • 20-40MPH over speed limit
    • 40-60MPH over speed limit
    • 60+ over speed limit
    • They couldn't catch me

I have not had had a ticket in 14 years. I bought a motorcycle and now have 2 Tickets & 6 points.

77 in a 35 in Willoughby. 4 points & $180 fine.

Also had riding outside of my restrictions. Rode my wife at 11pm with in Mentor with only a temp. Pulled over. $80 & 2 points.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bunch (a lot) on my first bike. But none after that. So I guess that's 39 years with none on the bikes, but some in cars.

I did suddenly vanish once... *cough* :rolleyes:

I think I just learned over time where and when I could and couldn't go fast...

I had a bunch (a lot) on my first bike. But none after that. So I guess that's 39 years with none on the bikes, but some in cars.

I did suddenly vanish once... *cough* :rolleyes:

I think I just learned over time where and when I could and couldn't go fast...

i know youre fast in the twisties. or you were just trying to lose the fat kid.:D

haha. Thats why i like you so much. Lets hug.:fruit:

:D:D:D

LOL :lol:

Make it a group hug, let's take some of these newbs out for a gentle ride-about this Spring... I don't want them earning their motocross badges. Dang, I want to put the battery back in...

LOL :lol:

Make it a group hug, let's take some of these newbs out for a gentle ride-about this Spring... I don't want them earning their motocross badges. Dang, I want to put the battery back in...

Ive got so much house/yard and bike work to do im going to have to hire some aliens to finish it all.

aliens.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

LOL at previous post time stamp.

Last time I was pulled over was for 63 in a 55. Let off with warning.

Last time I was pursued? I was doing 125 indicated, out on a country road when I passed a sheriff. There's no way I'm pulling over when I know he clocked me at more than double the speed limit. I opened the throttle and soon after looked down to see 165 on my speedo. My mirrors were shaking too hard to tell if he had pulled out behind me, but about 2 minutes later, when I got to the next town, he was no where in sight.

LOL at previous post time stamp.

Last time I was pulled over was for 63 in a 55. Let off with warning.

Last time I was pursued? I was doing 125 indicated, out on a country road when I passed a sheriff. There's no way I'm pulling over when I know he clocked me at more than double the speed limit. I opened the throttle and soon after looked down to see 165 on my speedo. My mirrors were shaking too hard to tell if he had pulled out behind me, but about 2 minutes later, when I got to the next town, he was no where in sight.

Its a good thing you're such a thug, or you woulda been in a lotta trouble.

Oh, good first post!

120 in a 55. However they only ticketed me for 20 over since I only hit that speed for a few secs getting on the highway and then slowed to the speed limit.

There was a local officer a few cars back in line getting on 275. I hit it, merged - approached about 120 then backed it off to teh speed limit. A State trooper came fish tailing through the median pulled in behind me and tariled me for a few miles before pulling me over. While he was talking to me about how good my bike looked etc. the Local officer ( Colerain) drove by and gave him the thumbs up. At which point he told me he was writing me up for 75 in a 55. He said they knew I was going way faster than that as the local officer attempted to pursue but I left him in the dust.

All in all they were cool about it. I haven't received a speeding ticket since. That was in ... 1987.

Edited by balaormiga

I have not gotten one but I have it from a VERY reliable source that the LEO's are cracking down in several area's around Ohio. Cleveland/NE Ohio is one of the prime target area's.

Expect DUI checkpoints near bike nights. My source will probably be there running it.

I have not gotten one but I have it from a VERY reliable source that the LEO's are cracking down in several area's around Ohio. Cleveland/NE Ohio is one of the prime target area's.

Expect DUI checkpoints near bike nights. My source will probably be there running it.

Appreciate the info (I saw a cop when I was coming out of bike night last week)... but I must make fun of you for referring to anyone as "your source" :-D

120 in a 55. However they only ticketed me for 20 over since I only hit that speed for a few secs getting on the highway and then slowed to the speed limit.

There was a local officer a few cars back in line getting on 275. I hit it, merged - approached about 120 then backed it off to teh speed limit. A State trooper came fish tailing through the median pulled in behind me and tariled me for a few miles before pulling me over. While he was talking to me about how good my bike looked etc. the Local officer ( Colerain) drove by and gave him the thumbs up. At which point he told me he was writing me up for 75 in a 55. He said they knew I was going way faster than that as the local officer attempted to pursue but I left him in the dust.

All in all they were cool about it. I haven't received a speeding ticket since. That was in ... 1987.

you havn't had a sppeding ticket since i was born??!! :lol: how does that make you feel? haha, haven't been pulled over on a bike but have about 7 total speeding tickets in my old cage before i wrecked it. but thats what you get wheb you twin turbo a light pick up. :evil:

you havn't had a sppeding ticket since i was born??!! :lol: how does that make you feel? haha, haven't been pulled over on a bike but have about 7 total speeding tickets in my old cage before i wrecked it. but thats what you get wheb you twin turbo a light pick up. :evil:

Actually that is not entirely true. I haven't had one on a bike. I've had 2 in a car since.

As far as age goes...older and wiser since I seem to be able to drive turbo'ed cars without getting tickets. :D