Black Friday 2005

MrMeanGreen

Ill be the bubble burster and tell yall the cost price on some of these things. Aka the price you could buy it for as a DirectBuy member.

Edit- first example:

Page 36 of sears, the panasonic Plasma th-50px50u

Sears: $4000 - 400 "In store savings"(usually means you have to buy home delivery or install to get it)

DB: $2850

my store is on east broad, right where we all sit around and talk shit in the parking lot.

yes, chris. i work for verizon now.

if anyone needs the hookup, feel free to pm or call. most everyone on here knows how to reach me.

oh, and heres my plug for ken. that shit is a great deal. once i get some bills paid off, ken, ill be talking to you.

Ill be the bubble burster and tell yall the cost price on some of these things. Aka the price you could buy it for as a DirectBuy member.

Edit- first example:

Sears: $4000 - 400 "In store savings"(usually means you have to buy home delivery or install to get it)

How much does the DirectBuy membership cost and how long are you guaranteed they will be in business?

The cost? A lot.

We've been in the same building for 22 years so I dont suspect that we will be vacating anytime soon. Not to mention the location that will be opening on the opposite side of town.

Since I and a former co-worker of mine joined the company, we made the old sales staff obsolete and took over. We now represent the entirety of said sales staff and have made the Columbus location one of the best performing centers of the hundreds in the country. Our service staff has always been unparalleled and now they are actually able to use their skills with the tremendous influx of new members that we have brought in. In other words, this center is recording profits that it has never seen before. If you wanted to get to the black and white of it though, the owner has 8 years left on his contract for the location.

Quite honestly, the membership is not for most people on this site. While anyone could benefit over the long term, we aim at people who have larger projects for their home or major furniture purchases. It would be silly to purchase a membership to only save $900 on a TV. I just like to throw the teasers out there every once in a while.

The cost? A lot.

We've been in the same building for 22 years so I dont suspect that we will be vacating anytime soon. Not to mention the location that will be opening on the opposite side of town.

Since I and a former co-worker of mine joined the company, we made the old sales staff obsolete and took over. We now represent the entirety of said sales staff and have made the Columbus location one of the best performing centers of the hundreds in the country. Our service staff has always been unparalleled and now they are actually able to use their skills with the tremendous influx of new members that we have brought in. In other words, this center is recording profits that it has never seen before. If you wanted to get to the black and white of it though, the owner has 8 years left on his contract for the location.

Quite honestly, the membership is not for most people on this site. While anyone could benefit over the long term, we aim at people who have larger projects for their home or major furniture purchases. It would be silly to purchase a membership to only save $900 on a TV. I just like to throw the teasers out there every once in a while.

A business that only makes profit off of new customers is not a stable business, especially when you only have one product to sell. (membership) It's great that business is booming now, but what happns when market saturation is achieved?

Speaking of black and white, what is the actual price of the membership? More than the majority of people here paid for their cars? That's what I thought.

Edit- first example:

what is directbuy? is that internet only sales? If so then offcourse it is cheaper on the internet.

A business that only makes profit off of new customers is not a stable business, especially when you only have one product to sell. (membership) It's great that business is booming now, but what happns when market saturation is achieved?

Speaking of black and white, what is the actual price of the membership? More than the majority of people here paid for their cars? That's what I thought.

Let me get this straight. You are telling me that the company I represent is going to fail based on the blurb that I gave about it above. What experience have you had in those long 25 years that gives you the ability to tell anyone who is far more successful than you what will and will not succeed. You are casting judgment upon something that you know absolutely nothing about.

Jump in your time machine and tell Henry Ford that he shouldn’t start an industry because he will "over saturate the market". Take a stop by any Home builder and tell him that "Making profit only on new customers makes for an unstable business".

Did you miss the part that stated we have been in Worthington for 22 years? It is quite obvious that you do not have an open mind to the concept. You can be one of the people that doesn’t contribute to this "over saturation" of the Columbus market.

Mr. Wright:

DirectBuy is not an internet business. The showroom is in Worthington on E. Wilson Bridge Rd.

I got a good deal on a HD and dvd burner last year. It's insane how early you have to get up in the morn to get those deals tho.

DJ, I may be in the market to upgrade my cell.

you know how to reach me.

ken, rob is kind of a hater that way. he was like that when i worked at TMO as well. <shrug>

Orion, you have PM, I am in need of a new phone.

iwish, you are probably the most forthcoming member of your organization. The fact that you straight up tell people this may not be for them is a testiment to the fact that you will be in business for quite some time. BTW, how much is the shipping on that TV (that figures into the cost)?

you know how to reach me.

ken, rob is kind of a hater that way. he was like that when i worked at TMO as well. <shrug>

Why did you jump the TMO ship? I think your actions speak loudly for the company. Now we get to hear you try to sell the same company you tried to bash before. Spoken like a true salesman.

Jump in your time machine and tell Henry Ford that he shouldn’t start an industry because he will "over saturate the market". Take a stop by any Home builder and tell him that "Making profit only on new customers makes for an unstable business".

Does a person only buy one car in their lifetime? They can only buy ONE of your product in a lifetime, then it can be passed down from generation to generation if the company is still around. Anybody still driving around their Grandparents' original Model T and had that as the only car in the family since its purchase? I think not.

Ask any home builder if they are scared shitless about what's going to happen when the real estate bubble breaks. Guess what the answer is.

We still don't have a straight answer on the membership price. So for the third time: What is the cost of the membership?

Let me get this straight. You are telling me that the company I represent is going to fail based on the blurb that I gave about it above. What experience have you had in those long 25 years that gives you the ability to tell anyone who is far more successful than you what will and will not succeed. You are casting judgment upon something that you know absolutely nothing about.

How about Amerilink? How are they doing? I know nothing about business? What is the EBIT of the business you own? Mine is doing very well for itself in its first year.