How should we pay for CR???

Casper

How should we pay for CR? READ ALL POSTS BEFORE VOTING!!!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How should we pay for CR? READ ALL POSTS BEFORE VOTING!!!

• Donations. We've been okay so far that way.
    • Fundraising. Car wash, candy bar sales, etc...
    • Fees: Optional Membership: Option to pay a yearly fee for additional stuff (IE: server space, webhosting, newsletter, merchandise, etc...)
    • DGAF: Don't give a fuck. I'm okay with whatever.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you make a fee, you will have almost no new members and 20-30 old members that will use this board like e-mail. It will be very boring and dead. Donations are the way to go. How much money do we need to raise? I think it would be better to offer special privileges to certain sections if you are a donating member..

this is exactly how it should be done. Benefits for donaters.

Okay, this is all hypothetical. I'm curious. We have a few things we really need to get for CR. These things include, but are not limited to:

banners, posters, t-shirts for car shows

possible print advertisement

server upgrades

possible faster bandwidth

paycheck for linux admin and programmer (me!)

Okay, so I'm joking about the last one. Kinda. But the other stuff we really do need. How would you prefer us to pay for them? And no, out of our pockets isn't an option.

what kinda hardware you need. As some of you know I'm somewhat of a geek Lets just say i have lots of hardware. Also Bandwidth we could talk about off loading some of it to my hosting . You can't get faster for RR users. Paycheck part ehhh I'm used to it i do Ohiogaming.net in my time.

what kinda hardware you need. As some of you know I'm somewhat of a geek Lets just say i have lots of hardware. Also Bandwidth we could talk about off loading some of it to my hosting . You can't get faster for RR users. Paycheck part ehhh I'm used to it i do Ohiogaming.net in my time.

No, we don't need (nor want) your help. We have plenty of hardware. As everyone knows, this website runs on my hardware. As for bandwidth, well Chris Green has that one handled as well. So thanks but no thanks.

No, we don't need (nor want) your help. We have plenty of hardware. As everyone knows, this website runs on my hardware. As for bandwidth, well Chris Green has that one handled as well. So thanks but no thanks.

ya know ich you a big prick don't ask for money for things then when there offered by someone juyst because you don't like me don't mean you have to me an ass. Would not want me to provide something useful for the genreal public ... Be nice. Its just a idea ...

I'd pay for this board if I saw some accounting records first. I'd be curious to see how much the board cost to run. I really have no clue how much it cost, but our board is self sufficient with only three sponsors and we don't charge much at all.

Yes we only have 174 members. So I would think that it would be very easy to get more than enough sponsorship to pay for a board this successful.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm just curious why this can't be done.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest compudaze

I would never pay to be a member here. Nothing personal. You'll lose 70% of your members. Maybe that's your goal. I know bandwidth/time/hardware costs money, but perhaps you should seek other options. http://www.srtforums.com/ has almost 35,000 members and they don't ask me to pay to use their forums.

Perhaps you should consider web advertising? Google seems to have made some money with it.

I'd pay for this board if I saw some accounting records first. I'd be curious to see how much the board cost to run. I really have no clue how much it cost, but our board is self sufficient with only three sponsors and we don't charge much at all.

Yes we only have 174 members. So I would think that it would be very easy to get more than enough sponsorship to pay for a board this successful.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm just curious why this can't be done.

You want to see our accounting records first? Are you serious?

I would never pay to be a member here. Nothing personal. You'll lose 70% of your members. Maybe that's your goal. I know bandwidth/time/hardware costs money, but perhaps you should seek other options. http://www.srtforums.com/ has almost 35,000 members and they don't ask me to pay to use their forums.

Perhaps you should consider web advertising? Google seems to have made some money with it.

I have to say it absolutely amazes me how many stupid fuckers on this Goddamn board cannot read.

Compudaze: Dude, you won't have to pay. Paying members get extra stuff. Please read a thread entirely BEFORE talking shit about it. Dumbass...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest compudaze
I have to say it absolutely amazes me how many stupid fuckers on this Goddamn board cannot read.

Compudaze: Dude, you won't have to pay. Paying members get extra stuff. Please read a thread entirely BEFORE talking shit about it. Dumbass...

You're nothing but an asshole. The only thing I would pay for, is to see your teeth on the curb. SMASH!!!!

You're nothing but an asshole. The only thing I would pay for, is to see your teeth on the curb. SMASH!!!!

Tell me what purpose of bringing this back to the top, only to insult, after more than a month is?

And then why I shouldn't ban you for the fun of it?

You're just a bitch. You're more than welcome to try and curbcheck me. I'm waiting.

http://ohaug.net/web/cryingboy.jpg

ben, i have to say this. if cr is going to take donations, there really "should" be an accounting of what the money is being spent on. ill probably donate, and even though i like anthony and you, i would like to have some assurance that my donation is going to the maintenance of the board and not someones winter project. asking us to "just trust you" is going to be too difficult for most users, i would imagine. im not trying to undermine your character or anything, just posing the thought so that you can look at it objectively.