How should we pay for CR???

Casper

How should we pay for CR? READ ALL POSTS BEFORE VOTING!!!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How should we pay for CR? READ ALL POSTS BEFORE VOTING!!!

• Donations. We've been okay so far that way.
    • Fundraising. Car wash, candy bar sales, etc...
    • Fees: Optional Membership: Option to pay a yearly fee for additional stuff (IE: server space, webhosting, newsletter, merchandise, etc...)
    • DGAF: Don't give a fuck. I'm okay with whatever.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wont pay.

I WILL how ever donate.

I respect what it takes to run a website..

However .. i would not ask my members to pay.

With all due respect, your board has 174 members.

We have 2,483.

We have over 14 times as many users.

why does everyone on this board think exclusivity is a bad thing?

dues would eliminate some of our less desirable posters, big loss there.

Yeah, be amother raceclub, we all saw how long that lasted. You could be a few elitist's sitting around with nothing to talk about. That's cool. Biggest reason that being a pay for access board is that NO ONE else does it. So you get a small core membership, and no fresh meat, meaning no other money. Plus paying for access with only work for a year. With the wonderful way that everyone treats noob's around here, do you really think that anyone would pay a second time? Make the switch that all new members need to pay and see how many new members you get. The number of new members that last more than a week here is really dwindling anyhow. That should take care of it all together.

And the elimination of the "less desirable posters", well if you do that what do you have left? you cut the membership from 3000 to 20 or so. What is $100 bucks a year gonna get you?

You all better just pass the hat, but I would get some free event like a pizza party organized to pass the hat at. I seen the receint group size at the Gerro's meets, and even getting $20 a piece out of everyone there ain't gonna pay for much more than a going out of business banner.

1) Seems to be a lot of discussion on a very simple matter?

2) I'm ALL FOR SOME OF THE TOOLS LEAVING, I DON'T ENJOY THEIR STUPID POSTS

3) I'm willing to pay however the admins want it, annually whatever, $20 is nothing compared to what we can get from being an active member

my .02 cents -

1) Seems to be a lot of discussion on a very simple matter?

2) I'm ALL FOR SOME OF THE TOOLS LEAVING, I DON'T ENJOY THEIR STUPID POSTS

3) I'm willing to pay however the admins want it, annually whatever, $20 is nothing compared to what we can get from being an active member

my .02 cents -

Thanks Tom. I'm glad you feel that way.

Keith: You won't have to pay. Read all of the posts. You argueing against something that isn't an option. Free access is a definite. Is is now, and always will be. However free access will be limited access.

<flamesuit on>

raceclub was primarily made up of the (then) less than desirable posters. its origins, despite what they may say, were rooted in dislike for cr and its management. something tell me they didnt have dues. that rift has been mended, so now theyre back in the fold.

besides, as ben said, there will be no "pay to play" here. the dues, as i understand them, will onjly be for "premium" membership.

raceclub was primarily made up of the (then) less than desirable posters. its origins, despite what they may say, were rooted in dislike for cr and its management. something tell me they didnt have dues. that rift has been mended, so now theyre back in the fold.

besides, as ben said, there will be no "pay to play" here. the dues, as i understand them, will onjly be for "premium" membership.

You understand correctly young Jedi.

Yeah, be amother raceclub, we all saw how long that lasted. You could be a few elitist's sitting around with nothing to talk about. That's cool. Biggest reason that being a pay for access board is that NO ONE else does it. So you get a small core membership, and no fresh meat, meaning no other money. Plus paying for access with only work for a year. With the wonderful way that everyone treats noob's around here, do you really think that anyone would pay a second time? Make the switch that all new members need to pay and see how many new members you get. The number of new members that last more than a week here is really dwindling anyhow. That should take care of it all together.

And the elimination of the "less desirable posters", well if you do that what do you have left? you cut the membership from 3000 to 20 or so. What is $100 bucks a year gonna get you?

You all better just pass the hat, but I would get some free event like a pizza party organized to pass the hat at. I seen the receint group size at the Gerro's meets, and even getting $20 a piece out of everyone there ain't gonna pay for much more than a going out of business banner.

dude never post again, really.

did you even read the prior post before posting?

Just to add some clarification (if it's lacking):

RaceClub did not obligate its members to pay a fee.

DJ is correct: RaceClub was born mostly from a silly rift and a dislike for some of CR.

Desperado is (gasp!) also correct: RaceClub was a bunch of elitists. It was fun for, oh, about a summer, and then it got old.

This is my .02 from someone who still is active on CR, just that doesn't even live in columbus. From my perspective, i'd be willing to pay anything the admins ask. However, what I'd like more would for CR to be more social. I've never been to a meet, mostly because I don't really know anyone on this board outside of 133.35.145.241 or whatever...you get my drift. I'm all in favor of a yearly fee, but I can also say that if given the chance where I was in town (say...a weekly or biweekly event for people who are always here), I'd definitely do a fundraising or even just social thing. Hell, throw a kegger and collect $10 at the door. Meet up at Steak n Shake and collect $5 from anyone who wants to sit. OR don't even do that. I'll donate, regardless. Most of the people on this board actually want to see it keep running, and I think ENOUGH of them are generous enough and want to be social enough to meet up with everyone and do SOMETHING. I don't know. I guess I'm just saying try the donations, and if that doesn't work, start the limited access + membership deal.

Hey, I have a great idea.

Let's have a donation. If we can raise $25,000, I will ban myself from CR forever and donate 10% of it directly to CR. I will also continue to donate bandwidth.

Think it's possible? :)

Let's have a donation. If we can raise $25,000, I will ban myself from CR forever and donate 10% of it directly to CR. I will also continue to donate bandwidth.

How about Anthony and I raise $25,000 and ban you. You keep nothing. And we find our own bandwidth? Sounds good to me.

;)

How about Anthony and I raise $25,000 and ban you. You keep nothing. And we find our own bandwidth? Sounds good to me.

;)

Or how about I have my network admin move CR over to our Linux server, I set your MAC on fire, and kick you in the balls? :p

May I have a signed copy of that?

I need to gain a better understanding of what it really takes to run this place.

I understand that things cost money, and sites like this take time and education, but I would really like to be able to read what kind of shit really goes on. I am honestly clueless as to how much effort it takes, how much money it costs, and what kind of time people put into it.

What it comes down to is this.......I would love to give money to this site, I enjoy it here though I rarely post and hardly ever come out. I like to treat things as investments. If I am going to give money to cr.com, I want to know what the money is specifically going to, what it needs, and what it could do more for our "online" community. If CR is going to be run as an organization, I would like to see numbers as an organization.

If you want to ask how should we pay for CR? I want to know, how much does CR cost.

if it's 10 dollars or even 15 dollars a year and we get 100 meg of badwidth and we can hotlink (within reason) then I would deffinately be in on paying it.... now if it's just so I can get to the senior members section... nothing happens in there anyways, so it's not really worth paying the money.