ghost rider chasing pro bmw driver

Chad is Dead

You guys realize thats was 100% staged, right?

Illegal as fuck, but both people knew exactly who was who and where they'd be going, so did the camera men.

Also note that 4 wheels > 2 wheels when cornering. If it weren't for the straights the bike would have been lost like virginity in the progects.

Never drift when running from anyone. A professional driver would know it kills cornering speed and leave you open to being spun.

I'd like to quote the show "dirty jobs" and say "What a stupid way to die".

You guys realize thats was 100% staged, right?

Illegal as fuck, but both people knew exactly who was who and where they'd be going, so did the camera men.

Also note that 4 wheels > 2 wheels when cornering. If it weren't for the straights the bike would have been lost like virginity in the progects.

Never drift when running from anyone. A professional driver would know it kills cornering speed and leave you open to being spun.

I'd like to quote the show "dirty jobs" and say "What a stupid way to die".

staged or not GhostRider has got some crazy skill

lies.. you can drift through a corner with just about as much speed as you can grip it, but you wont have much angle in the drift. but the idea of drifting through a corner in a racing perspective is to maintain momentum.

lies.. you can drift through a corner with just about as much speed as you can grip it, but you wont have much angle in the drift. but the idea of drifting through a corner in a racing perspective is to maintain momentum.

......Where ...what....who the hell told you that? Its so so wrong, seriously, its wrong, it dumbfounded me. The only place "drifting" helps is where there is no grip to be had, gravel, dirt, ice snow, etc. When you can grip, you control your slide. Drifitng on pavement slows you down alot more then maintaining grip.dot.period. Your exit speed is way way down, and higher exit speed is what cornering is all about. A fast corner is done at the brink of sliding, if you break traction, the corner is ruined.

Hoblick....did you watch the vid? How does Ghost rider, the rider, film himself and the bimmer from stationary positions while he's riding by...you idiot? :p

I've got about half a dozen of his vids, this is not new to me, and yes he can ride.

A fast corner is done at the brink of sliding, if you break traction, the corner is ruined.

that's exactly what i'm talking about.. that brink you're talking about can be crossed in which you would then be initiating a slide. Barely crossing over that line in a way would/could be considered a drift, but it's VERY hard to do it in a manner that wouldn't slow you down very much more than if you gripped the corner. Very few professional drivers are able to control a car that close to the brink and cross it, and still be just as fast through the corner. And when I say slide or drift through a corner with speed, and coming to the brink I mean VERY little slide.. not almost completely sideways.

But I do agree with what you're saying.. it's not the fastest way around the corner, but it is possible to do it very quickly without losing much, if any corner speed.

Very few professional drivers are able to control a car that close to the brink and cross it.

Incorrect. I do it often, and contrary to popular beleif, I dont think I'm Mario Andretti (pre-1973). If I got it in my head that I was truly billy bad ass behind the wheel, I'd be pissed all the time because I'm not getting paid for it. :p

On of my instructors oonce grilled me; "If you're not sliding the car, you're not going fast enough!". But it was on of those Oracle typoe sayings. Not the truth, but what I needed to hear. The more I slid, the more I knew where the brink was, and ultimately I got to stradling the line. But the slightest slide can cost you alot of mph, it can mean the difference between exiting in 3rd gear or 2nd. The only place I consistently slide without worry about it in coming off the back straight at Beaveruns north course. Leave the kink at about 110-120 mph and stay on the gas untill the next kink, entry into turn 9, then full on the brakes. Get it right and the car will begine a slide at the 9 apex and slide along the racing line while scrubbing off just enough speed to enter the carousel at a reasonable speed. Do it wrong and....well, I've never opushed it that far yet, but grass and tire barrier will be in your future. :p