good place for custom chip and sbc question

Guest FBody Addict

Guest FBody Addict

where would i go to get a custom chip made for my '86 Trans Am, and that would have to be done in cunjunction with a dyno, am i correct? hopefully it will help get some economy back because my economy has gone all to hell since the swap

do the oil pan bolt holes drilled all the way up into the case? i have a bad oil leak and the kid who helped with the cam swap told me today he didn't put one of the bolts back in because he couldn't find it (needless to say he won't be helping with any future projects, although it is my my fault for not double checking his work) i believe the bolt thread is M6X1.0 and about 20mm long, since i had to use a 10mm socket to remove the pan bolts

Guest FBody Addict
ok, also i have seen a dye that you add to your motor oil that shows up with a uv light so you can find a leak. i have searched everywhere for it and everyone i ask about it seems to have no idea what i'm talking about. am i crazy?

ok, also i have seen a dye that you add to your motor oil that shows up with a uv light so you can find a leak. i have searched everywhere for it and everyone i ask about it seems to have no idea what i'm talking about. am i crazy?

Available at NAPA, part number is 765-2661.. about four dollars.