Talk to me about Put-in-bay

Sam1647545489

EDIT: Not being able to type in all caps is the lose.

I was wondering if you were turning mental and just capitalizing every first letter or something...

This poker run...more details please

OK Sam heres a quick break down for PIB. We used to have free access to a B&B there (not anymore long story) IF your taking the boat plan on $350 to $400 for the weekend. and the docking is dasiy chained so once you're in you're in for good.

if your going to take a car over you must have proff of lodging. they limit the total number of cars on the Island. With that inmind plan on spending anywhere from $100 to $300+ a night if you stay in a hotel or a B&B. They also have campgrounds if you want to go on the cheap cheap.

The Bar sence is pretty much the same everywhere usually $5 cover for the most part.there is always live music and its standing room only everywhere. the main strip has 7 or 8 bars and there is maybe 10 total on the island.

Best place for food is the round house (has giant chicken Bar B Q).

Also if you drink do not drive thats all the police look for that and fights. go get a taxi they are everywhere or get a DD and use a golf cart.

OH the place se used to have access to was called petes retreat. its nothing fancy but is by far one of the lowest briced places to stay on the island.

If you ned any more info give me a holla.

sam, marietta always has some shit gong down in the summer. there is sternwheel fetival, july 4th weekend is always packed (blues festival), the speed boat races weekend, we go down there about 5 or 6 times in the summer and go out on the boat. Coby with the chevy 4.3l v6. it doesnt do too bad. will pull a skier or tube. and gets us to the rigt drinking spots qite fine. let me know and we will show ya a good time this summer down there.

Also if you drink do not drive thats all the police look for that and fights. go get a taxi they are everywhere or get a DD and use a golf cart.

In case you were wondering you can get pulled over for driving a golf cart under the influence.

You can get a ticket for riding a bike while drunk.

Also, cops are kinda asses about opencontainer, especialy in fron of the bars.

When I went up there the last time, there was a place that claimed the worlds longest bar. Kinda sucked, they had all the taps shut off, so it was mostly cans, and not cheap.

The beer barrel dosent have pitchers, it has buckets of beer. You use a cup to dip in the bucket and fill your own glass. I think you can keep the bucket though, cant remember.

OK Sam heres a quick break down for PIB. We used to have free access to a B&B there (not anymore long story) IF your taking the boat plan on $350 to $400 for the weekend. and the docking is dasiy chained so once you're in you're in for good.

When I take my boat up I just use the moorings and take the water taxi in. Lake Erie can be pretty rough. I've had to make it back once or twice in 5-6 footers after the wind kicked up at night. It's fun in the day jumping waves but it sure isn't at night. I have a 21ft Hydra-Sports offshore center console made for rough water but sometimes Erie is just too much for it. If you just plan on partying on the island just drive up and take the Jet Express over. You'll end up a lot dryer and you don't have to worry about 5-6 ft waves kicking up and beating the hell out of your boat.

I will not take the boat to Erie.

That's a wise decision. A good friend of mine used to have a late 80's 18' Bayliner closed bow I/O (has since upgraded to a MUCH nicer boat), and took it out fishing w/ his dad on Erie during a calm day. It beat the crap out of him on that thing, and he said had a storm rolled in, that would have been the last of the boat.

These boats are just for inland lakes only. Cumberland is perfect for that though; had a blast last year on a houseboat we rented (I gained 10lbs in 5 days just eating/drinking, and I was slalom skiing a ton too, not just sitting on my ass).

When I take my boat up I just use the moorings and take the water taxi in. Lake Erie can be pretty rough. I've had to make it back once or twice in 5-6 footers after the wind kicked up at night. It's fun in the day jumping waves but it sure isn't at night. I have a 21ft Hydra-Sports offshore center console made for rough water but sometimes Erie is just too much for it. If you just plan on partying on the island just drive up and take the Jet Express over. You'll end up a lot dryer and you don't have to worry about 5-6 ft waves kicking up and beating the hell out of your boat.

thats not lake erie thats sandusky bay technically speaking the lake is on the north side of the island and the bay is on the south side. but at that point its all open water. :) :) :)

thats not lake erie thats sandusky bay technically speaking the lake is on the north side of the island and the bay is on the south side. but at that point its all open water. :) :) :)

That's true. I think it's so damn rough due to it being so shallow. I swear, even on a calm day your looking at 3ft chop. I've only been up there once out of 12 or so trips when the water was really smooth.

Sandusky bay is really nice in the mornings and its almost always calm between the bridge and railroad.

yeah that over in bay view water there is super shallow. One of my good freinds lived there and had a dock ther used to go boating wiht him all the time.

Guest racinbird

That would be a very wise desicion NOT to take the your jet boat to Erie. If you are a beginner then stay away from Erie. Also, just because you may enjoy the rough ride, I promise you 95% of the women out there will most definiety not and probably won't ride back to shore on it.

I had a 23' Baja boat and that sucker could good rough on a decently windy day. Erie is not a forgiving place for small boats and beginners. Shallow waters and rock floors don't help.

Cumberland can be a blast, Ive been 6 or so times. Always had a decent group, 3 or 4 boats, at least one house boat. Park at 76 falls during a summer weekend, if its a holiday then so much better, and you will not be disappointed. Lets just say that a year ago they shut the place down because the state gov didnt like the "Girls gone wild" video that was taped at the falls :)

I hear its back to normal so bring some people, lots of beer (dry country so you cant buy beer there) and have a blast. Set something up and I beat with the group on here and others you could easily get enough $$$ to rent a smaller house boat for a long weekend. Thats the best way to do it.

PM me if you want some more info. Hell, I think i still have a vid laying around somewhere :)