Almost got my car totaled :(

Buck531

It almost happened. I wish it would have, cause my car is annoying me right now.

Going 270 NB right before the 161 bridge/construction. I'm a good distance between the car(s) in front of me. I hit my brakes. Then hit them harder and harder. Next thing you know, my abs is kicking in (uh-oh).

I look in the rearview mirror and see this big black toyota truck coming right for me. I had enough control to move over a few feet to the right. He swerves to the left of me (in the berm). A guy in a Silver Toyota Celica (newer one) slammed into the back of the Toyota, completely missing me.

I pull over and make sure they're ok. I look at the Celica and it didn't look pretty. Since the truck was up high enough, it basically turned the hood of the celica into a Swiss roll . The truck? nothing. The bumper bent down a tad and maybe a scratch on the tail gate.

As I'm asking the guy in the celica if he's ok, I look on the side window and he's got an IPSmotorsports sticker on the car. I asked him if he knew you and he said yeah. Anyways.

Just be carefull out there. Give people PLEANTY of distance between you and the other car in front of you.

I'm fine.. I wish he would have hit my car though!!! It's like the only way really get rid fo the car.. total it. No one would buy it. and I wouldn't want to sell it to anyone anyways with the issues it's having. This way it would force me to get another car :).

I was wondering what happend to the Celica as I passed it this morning going to work. For some reason 270 seemed a little slick this morning between Gahanna and 161. I had the ABS kick in on the TA this morning.

I was wondering what happend to the Celica as I passed it this morning going to work. For some reason 270 seemed a little slick this morning between Gahanna and 161. I had the ABS kick in on the TA this morning.

damn, thats wacky. i noticed the same thing! i didnt even have to brake hard or anything. just "brrrap!". wierd.

The Celica was actually Dave, he's a hell of a guy, I talked to him a little bit after it happened. He's got a kickass Mustang, he doesn't take the car (celica) to seriously, but it does suck it happened to him especially around the Christmas time. He said the ironic thing is he knows the guy in the truck too.

Yeah. Both guys in teh celica an the truck were nice guys. The guy in the Celica was just as cool as can be after ramming the truck. And vise versa with the guy in the truck.

Oh.. I forgot to add. When I pulled over to see if they were ok. They both got out of the car, looked at eac other and they both said "Hey, I know you".. lol. Fucked up. Hitting someone out of the blue and find out you know them. Not saying they were friends, but they knew each other.

Past this accident, right under the 161 bridge, there was another accident as well. Bumer got ripped off some Hyundai I think or something like that. Crazy.

Black ice sucks the balls. :(