auto show comment thread

Science Abuse

i thought the show was pretty good. i caught the aftermarket spot downstairs i didnt know about last year. had some cool concepts...the aston martin 4 door was by far my favorite. the challenger didnt really do anything for me...the camaro concept was ok, but they need to ditch the 22/21 combo and go with a 19/18 combo, or 19/19. theyre just too big. hyundai had a new suv concept that i kinda liked, but they put 22's on it, and being a hyundai owner and knowing how we are, no one is going to want to spend a massive amount of money on 22" tires for a hyundai. they did have the new azera there, which has been called hyundais version of lexus, and it wasnt bad. volkswagens car, i believe it was called the R GT was pretty cool...cool to see the sti rally car. porsche cayman was awesome. if anyone went downstairs and saw the toyota, not sure if it was a concept, the volta i think...very lambo looking front end, but was pretty awesome in my opinion..what else caught my eye....hmm...ooh....the lexus is350 that they had done up in the really blue blue, lowered, BBS wheels, stoptech brakes, lip kit, intake/exhaust. really clean. bmw z4 concept really caught my eye. m6 was sweet...ford gt was pretty nice. saw the shelby cobra mustang, awesome...it was a good show. i was there for 6.5 hours, and im sure i missed some stuff

did anyone find Geely? I'd heard they were there, but couldn't find them. :confused:

My favorite stop of the show was the Audi S lineup. 4,6, and 8, you just cant go wrong (ignoring price). The Porsche Caymen S is a damned attractive car, and I'd love to own one, but why can Porsche just come clean and call it what it is, a Boxter hard top?

I'd also like to know why this was in the basement and not upstairs?

http://thewoodomain.net/files/11/volta.jpg

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=263903#post263903

that's whare i put my pics, figured you wouldn't like it if i clutered up this thread,

anyways,

my favorite thing of the whole show was Toyota's Voltra, i like how you can drag the sterring wheel and peadals over to the person vext to you (3 seater) + it's Mid Engine, kinda like a super super MR2,

funny how they made such a big deal about the toyota yaris, that thing is a joke,

my dad already ordered a Toyota FJ cruiser, he gets it in march, he took 32 pics of it at the show

IMO best of show went to the G35 Coupe Concept. I thought that thing was gorgeous. The finish on the car was flawless, nice rims, nice interior. The only thing I didnt really like was the blue "rays" around the head lights but the headlights looked good otherwise.

The modified IS 350 was very hot, as was the Z06, the Passat R - GT, the Acura RL (which was my favorite luxury car that i sat in), the M6 (holy 96k batman!), the GT 500E(thats a lot of car for the money), the Challenger and Camaro. The Vanquish will always be my fav car and that 4 door boat Austin Martin had out was both plush and nice looking, but fuck if that wasn't one of the biggest cars ever. An Austin Martin should not be bigger than a Maybach.

They need to split up Ferrari, Lambo, Bentley and Masserati. That whole area is so crowded you really can't get close unless you fight a bunch of people. Better planning would be great on their part to make the experience more enjoyable for my 12 dollars :)