Corvette on Dyno

Guest 4dooralero

Man I miss the cars in H-town..... :(

Coltboostin is right - Houston won't have shit on us come springtime, and I'm looking to make the vids that put us on the map. :) Granted, Houston's set the bar, but I'm thinking that we (e.g., some of the cars from CLB, some others from Akron/Cleveland, some cars out of Dayton) will be able to compete. And, of course, Columbus will be the featured city.

Coltboostin is right - Houston won't have shit on us come springtime, and I'm looking to make the vids that put us on the map. :) Granted, Houston's set the bar, but I'm thinking that we (e.g., some of the cars from CLB, some others from Akron/Cleveland, some cars out of Dayton) will be able to compete. And, of course, Columbus will be the featured city.

No offense guys but I will have to see it to believe it and even then I don't think it will happen. Just going by population alone; Houston has as many people as Columbus, Cincy, Dayton and Cleveland combined.

So the odds just aren't there to show up on a weekly basis like they do in Houston. Plus the weather in Houston has the scene BIGGER all YEAR long. Lets not forget that you have some of the biggest tuners based in Houston! (RSI, TNT, MTI, HP, HPE, SP, Hennessey, etc...etc..)

I would like to see it happen but I seriously don't think it will. IMO....the people in Houston just have a different mentality about it. :( I only wish the Ohio scene was like that. :)

281-330-8004. Who?

That vid was sick. It never ceases to amaze me how much horsepower is available from essentially stock powertrains with BPU+cam these days. Everyone should be smiling because that sort of awesomeness will soon be on a used car lot in three years, ready for you to own. Look at all of the people on here buying used Z06's for really great prices (relatively speaking).

Anyone know if that was on pump gas (93+ octane) or race fuel?

No offense guys but I will have to see it to believe it and even then I don't think it will happen. Just going by population alone; Houston has as many people as Columbus, Cincy, Dayton and Cleveland combined.

So the odds just aren't there to show up on a weekly basis like they do in Houston. Plus the weather in Houston has the scene BIGGER all YEAR long. Lets not forget that you have some of the biggest tuners based in Houston! (RSI, TNT, MTI, HP, HPE, SP, Hennessey, etc...etc..)

I would like to see it happen but I seriously don't think it will. IMO....the people in Houston just have a different mentality about it. :( I only wish the Ohio scene was like that. :)

So, even after you see it, which you'll need to in order to believe it, you still won't believe it? :confused:

Yup, Houston has more people than Columbus, and, yup, they've got better weather, more tuners, and a different mentality (or so you say). Great for Houston. I'd like Columbus to earn the same reputation. Granted, it'll be a bit harder to put Columbus on the map with pessimistic folks like you continually reminding us how big the map is, but I think it's doable.

So, even after you see it, which you'll need to in order to believe it, you still won't believe it? :confused:

Yup, Houston has more people than Columbus, and, yup, they've got better weather, more tuners, and a different mentality (or so you say). Great for Houston. I'd like Columbus to earn the same reputation. Granted, it'll be a bit harder to put Columbus on the map with pessimistic folks like you continually reminding us how big the map is, but I think it's doable.

Exaclty. Very well said indeed.

About the size thing…

I mentioned his before but no one seemed to listen..

If your looking at population only, then yes, Columbus is bigger than Cleveland. Also, I would hope most would age that you must include the NEAR suburbs of a city when considering its size. Im sure not all on you live in the City of Columbus, the same can be said of Clevelanders. This would be called Cleveland proper, or Columbus proper as the case may be. Columbus lacks any large suburbs, while Cleveland has many.

(All stats according to 03 US census)

The City of Columbus-728,432 –Up from 560,000 in 1980

The City of Cleveland-461,324-Down from 580,000 in 1980

Now take in to the effect the NEAR suburbs, or the Metropolitan area…

Columbus-1,674,589

Cleveland-2,841,155

That’s 1.2 Mill more than the Columbus Metro area, and 1.2 Mill you guys simply can not ignore.

And don’t forget-Akron is only 20 Minutes away, hell, that’s almost a suburb!

For shits and giggles…

Huston-2,009,690

Huston Metro-5,075,733

They are big, but barely bigger than the Cleve/Columbus tag team, and throw in the rowdy Akron bunch (212,215) And they be fucked.

Also consider than 1/3 of Texans are too busy cow tippin, ridding beat up 4x4’s or still tippin on 4-4’s to care about racing.

And the whole City of Huston smells like a Cow's ass! Every time I have been there its the same god forsaken smell. Anyone who has been there can verify that.

Fuck Huston racing. A representative of Cleveland's scene will be down there breaking hearts this spring as it is.

Oh for fucks sake. You morons up near Cleveland consider something that's half an hour from the city a ‘near suburb’. That's why that number is so high. Suburbs of Columbus actually border Columbus. What a novel idea.

Much more important is the fact that for the last two censuses the population of Cleveland and Cuyahoga county have drastically dropped. That city is going down the shit hole unless something changes. The real average income has continually dropped; the real average house price has continually dropped. Exactly opposite of what’s happened in Columbus. But oh no, your 'city' is 'bigger', it must be better.

I wish I lived in Cleveland, it’s so much better than here. :o

On topic. Holly fuck that was cool. Glad to see someone moding it like it should be moded.

In short terms, what I was getting at is "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!"

C-Bus on the BEST nights is not even 1/2 of the cars that I have seen show up on a NORMAL night in Houston. Not even close!

How many of you guys have actually seen the Houston scene in person? Not the BS videos posted, I'm talking actual racing? (Brittmore, Westheimer, Rankin, etc.....)? Once again, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

And the whole City of Huston smells like a Cow's ass! Every time I have been there its the same god forsaken smell. Anyone who has been there can verify that.

Fuck Huston racing. A representative of Cleveland's scene will be down there breaking hearts this spring as it is.

BAAAHAHHHAAA!

1-car representing Cleveland.....BAAAAA!

By all means, I don't like Houston as a city but the racing is a different league than C-bus.

Speaking of an ASS city review the #'s....

Cleveland---> http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Ohio.html

Houston---> http://www.city-data.com/city/Houston-Texas.html

Look up somewhere else---> http://www.city-data.com/

In short terms, what I was getting at is "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!"

C-Bus on the BEST nights is not even 1/2 of the cars that I have seen show up on a NORMAL night in Houston. Not even close!

How many of you guys have actually seen the Houston scene in person? Not the BS videos posted, I'm talking actual racing? (Brittmore, Westheimer, Rankin, etc.....)? Once again, NOT EVEN CLOSE!

The funny thing, is that you don't need 200 cars to give the impression of a good street racing scene. You need about 12-15 guys and some good video and editing. I just re-watched the two "famous" Houston videos and there were only about 12 or so cars involved in the videos. The really great part is that none of them were all that fast. Those two videos gave me and a lot of others on the internet the impression of a great street racing scene in Houston. Those could have been the only guys in town racing and I wouldn't know any better because I've never been there. If 20 or so guys in Columbus/Cleveland make a couple great vids of TT, cammed sprayed Z06's and LS1's, sprayed KB Cobra(s) :), a TT Mach1, Vipers, a 10 second Dodge Colt,....etc. why wouldn't people believe that there might be a good street racing scene here? It's all perception.

Matt, you are totally correct.

But I'm not talking about videos (which I guess everyone else is basing things off of). I am basing it off the actual scene, level of bad ass cars, as well as the number of bad ass cars on a weekly basis.

A couple of good videos is one thing but when you consistently have 15-20 new/different cars EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND (Houston); in reality it's not even comparable. Seems like in C-bus you have the same 10-20 cars racing every week with the occasional new guy here and there(C-bus).