Best stuff for leather care

Nitrousbird

My Avalanche is only the second vehicle I've ever owned to have leather. The Moostang being my first (but at 209k miles it is in decent shape, but no where near new).

I want to soften the leather up a bit on the Av, protect it, and keep it looking good. Since it is a North Face Edition, replacing those leather seats would be very difficult, so I need to take care of them as best as I can.

So far, I've been just rubbing them down liberally w/ Arm and Hammer Leather Wipes weekly. Seems to make them SLIGHTLY softer, but I'm sure there is better stuff out there. Any suggestions?

I've used lexol on the grand and have been happy with it. I got mine at the andersons, but I have seen it at autozone. The leather cleaner is very useful, you wouldn't believe the dirt it pulled out of my seemingly clean seats.

Zaino makes some leather stuff as well. Its supposed to leave a strong leather scent. Normally, I'm one of the guys who thinks Sal can do no wrong. Its not too expensive, but I didn't want to pay shipping for just one thing and didn't need any Z2 at the time. I was going to try it but got a good deal on the lexol locally.

Eagle Ottawa

Tanners Preserve - There is cleaner(which you use first) and then there is conditioner. Accept no substitute. Sometimes it is hard to find. Last time I think I found it at Meijer or something like that. I get bunches at a time when I find it. The cleaner and conditioner smell like leather. It must be made by ninjas or something bucause it totally flips out and cleans and conditions leather well.

CJ