My ricer parts are gone..

Balian

Well I finally got rid of my hood..So now I have no more two toned paint on my car. For all those fools who said it looked like shit..lol

That is all.

If the trunk and top of the car matched the hood, I think you may have been able to get away with the two-tone. Most people would still dog on it but that is because most people don't like "different" things. I've seen some really clean looking paint jobs that are two-tone, and in my opinion, your hood didn't look bad at all.

However, I would rather spend the $700 upping the performance and upgrade the body last, if at all. I'm a V8 guy, but alot can be done with that ecotec GM put in those cars. As a matter of fact, if you search hard enough online, GM put together a book telling you what parts to buy for modifying your engine from 250hp all the way up 1400hp. It includes part numbers and everything. Just my two cents.

If the trunk and top of the car matched the hood, I think you may have been able to get away with the two-tone. Most people would still dog on it but that is because most people don't like "different" things. I've seen some really clean looking paint jobs that are two-tone, and in my opinion, your hood didn't look bad at all.

However, I would rather spend the $700 upping the performance and upgrade the body last, if at all. I'm a V8 guy, but alot can be done with that ecotec GM put in those cars. As a matter of fact, if you search hard enough online, GM put together a book telling you what parts to buy for modifying your engine from 250hp all the way up 1400hp. It includes part numbers and everything. Just my two cents.

Yea, I actually have that book. Most of it was written for the 2.0 ecotec which is kinda different then the 2.2 ecotec. I do have a lot of engine mods as of right now, but nothing that will give me big HP..

I am also trying to put my car back to as close to stock as possible. I would rather have this as a daily driver than some beefed up cavy so I can be classified as some punk little kid who is new to cars. Seems like every person who has a cavy is either an ass or thinks their car is the fastest car out there. Time to find some real beef.

Two tone paint jobs only work when the dividing line of color is not the edge of a body panel. When done that way it just looks like a junkyard conglomeration of random body parts.

The 2.2 is also referenced in that book. Hann Racecraft has a turbo kit for J-body's that seems to do pretty well. Their Sunfire runs 12's.

True. But to get the Stage 3 kit, your looking at spending more than 3500 just for the kit alone.I have already inquired on their kits as I have heard they are the best. I just think think spending 3500+ for a turbo kit is a little bit expensive for the HP there.

True. But to get the Stage 3 kit, your looking at spending more than 3500 just for the kit alone.I have already inquired on their kits as I have heard they are the best. I just think think spending 3500+ for a turbo kit is a little bit expensive for the HP there.

$3500 bucks isn't bad for what you are getting. Plus, if that's too much you don't have to go for stage 3. I'm sure you've spent enough on other stuff for the car to pay for a turbo kit.

If you want HP in a Cavy then your other alternative is buying a cast manifold from Wheel2Wheel, sourcing your own turbo and intercooler, and having someone bend and weld some piping for you. HPTuners should have software out for the 2.2L Cavy soon if it's not out already so tuning shouldn't be a big issue.

Yea, that is my point exactly. Their system is good and all, I cannot knock it, but for the price I am sure I can build one with better horsepower. As far as tuner software, there isn't any on the market as I am always looking. But for now, I am going to get away from J-bodys are they lead to nothing but classification with the wrong group..

Why is it if a guy decides to do something with his car(exterior), and it isnt a mustang, camaro, vette etc.., or just happens not to be a v-8, it is automatically called rice. The guy put time and money into his car. Not everyone is worried about how fast their car goes. I have way more respect for a guy who works on his car and makes whatever modifications he wants to it vs. a guy who buys whatever happens to be the it car to have. Sure there are plenty of people who go over board on certain types of modifications, but these are usually the younger car owners. Who tend to eventually grow out of it anyway. Everyone should respect a guy who gives his own time and money to his ride. No you dont have to like what he does but talking shit about something just because you happen to not like what is done is not cool.

Trust me, I'm not one to throw around the word "rice" like everybody seems to these days. My car has a SR20 so it's not like I have something against 4 cylinders. I respect work people put into their cars, I just think the Lambo door setup is dumb on about every car but what it comes stock on. That's all

Trust me, I'm not one to throw around the word "rice" like everybody seems to these days. My car has a SR20 so it's not like I have something against 4 cylinders. I respect work people put into their cars, I just think the Lambo door setup is dumb on about every car but what it comes stock on. That's all

So lambo doors suck? on lamborghini's? "i cant spell"

I do have a lot of engine mods as of right now, but nothing that will give me big HP..

phrases you need to define in order to let us know wether or not to take you seriously...

1. "a lot"

2. "engine mods"

3. "big hp"

your prompt response is appreciated.