Razor Review: Gillette Fusion Power

iwishiwascool

As a long time user of the Mach 3 turbo, and the standard Mach 3 before that, you could say that I have a tendency to buy into the latest and greatest in shaving technology.

When I heard a 5 blade (!) razor was going to be available, you can imagine my enthusiasm. As I stumbled into the Grocery Store last night at 2 half hung over, half drunk still, I saw it. The sign beckoned to me. I could not resist.

I woke up this morning eager to put use to my drunken bounty...

Aesthetics:

Upon initial inspection it seems a bit flimsier than the MachIII, the What is metal on the mach is represented by a chrome type paint on the Fusion. (to be fair though, I have lost 2 Mach 3 turbo power staffs to gravity and its subsequent introduction to my shower floor.) There are definitely 5 blades spaced much closer than the mach. There is also a sixth single "trimmer blade" on the top of the opposite side of the cartridge. I only found out its use after a visit to the web page.

In Action:

I remember the first time I used a MachIII power staff. I said "wow". Now acclimated to the Mach, my person bar of razor expectations has been raised. I haven’t said wow since the first use. I said "wow" again. Cutting through my whiskers like so much butter, I had to wash the shaving cream off to make sure it actually performed its function. In only a few moments it was all over; painlessly, effortlessly.

Best.razor.ever.

Initial Quality Rating:

The only points lost were due to the cheesy chrome paint job.

http://greatinventions.tv/products/images/razor.jpg

http://www.dialysis.co.uk/images/12blade.gif

:D

Shaving is a pain for me. I use the MachIII, but didn't buy into the MachIII Turbo. I might have to try this new one out.

wow...i dont think you would have a face left to shave after that one :funny:

5 blades, ouch, many more cuts on the balls,

i am also a mach III turbo fan. anything less is uncivilized.

I have never once even come close to injuring the loose boys. I can imagine that it would be much more dangerous with a single blade bic blasphemy of a razor.

Best.review.evar.

I'm a Mach III Turbo guy. Hearing your review, I may convert to a Fusion guy.

I also keep my boys neatly shaved. Smooth sac for the win!

Knowing that your sac is smooth FTL.

jesse there is a world of difference between the mach III and the turbo i didn't buy into that shit either but my dad got one for free from work and it was huge!

i was thinking about this fusion after the super bowl, good review i'll have to give it a shot.

The difference between the mach 3 and mach 3 turbo is amazing. A normal mach3 actually hurts my skin now that I am used to the turbo.

M3 power was a joke, glad I didnt pay money for it. It does work as a vibrator for the ladies though ;)

May have to try the new one now.... although $3/blade is getting up there....

I like my M-Power; I can tell a difference with it over the standard Turbo (which IMO was only slightly better than the regular M3).

I might have to try this out. For some reason, my chin has gotten more sensitive to shaving recently (sometimes wants to break out, or will just be sore after a shave). Let's see what 5 blades do. Sucks these blades cost even MORE money!!!

BTW, a clean shaft and sack are a must, and everything else should be trimmed nicely. If I'm munching downstairs, I expect my lady to keep it nice down there; just gotta return the favor.