who rides dirt? supermoto?

owndjoo

Well, after 5 LONG years since i last raced motocross, i'm gettin back into it. I should hopefully be picking up a '05 YZ250F from a buddy of mine who is an AMA Pro. Bike was used last year for the AMA Pro Supermoto series. I plan on ridin dirt,supermoto, motarding at the roadcourses and eventually dual sportin it on the street. Yes, i'm still roadracing, but i need something to train with and keep me busy when i'm not racing one of my 9 rounds. Plus winter is just way to boring for me. Who else rides?

<---- This kid did once upon a time, no longer though. Still got a buddy that's into it way big, and is still semi-local. He's riding the Areancross circuit. I think Burkhart is still doing supermoto, not sure, he was ruling at that for a while. Used to be good friends with him, haven't seen/spoken to him in a long while. There's a handful of local guys that are making it semi-pretty big right now.

yea, i used to ride with burkhart,ames,sellards,gracyck,bowers,willard,browning, whitcrafts, etc. I always thought they were fast, now i'm watching tv and see many of them either on Arenacross or qualifying for the Supercross series. Supermoto is catching on, there's a track in circleville. My good buddy that i'm buyin the bike from has his pro license and barely missed the pro supermoto event at nashville last year. missed by .04 of a second with a stock motor.

Guest 1_slow_600
My good buddy that i'm buyin the bike from has his pro license and barely missed the pro supermoto event at nashville last year. missed by .04 of a second with a stock motor.

Well damn the man.

shit man, we mite of raced together. i met him back when he was on 80's and have hung out with him ever since. Not real sure about the supermoto thing. He had his Pro license from MX and transferred it to supermoto.

Dude I know just about all of those guys too. My parent's house is like 1 minute drive from Whitcraft's place. Me, him, and his brother used to be real good friends. I quit racing and lost touch with all of those guys. I might have ridden with both of you too. Last bike I had was a black and yellow F&S Suzuki #90, I rode Schoolboy and 125C. I'm not trying to make myself sound like I was good or anything. All of those guys were 4 or 5 levels above me. I could be moderatly fast when I wanted to, but I was always scared of being hurt I guess. Probably why I quit racing. Anyways, how long ago where you guys part of District 11?

i was last racing in 2000. i raced for F&S Suzuki that year as well. I know that if i stuck with it i'd be holding a pro license right now. who knows, now that i'm gettin back into it, and my riding buddy is pro, i might be able to get back into the groove and atleast get up to the A class. I mean i ran top 10 in 125b on my rm80 that year the couple times i rode in it. nothing better than layin it flat on an 80 over a triple while the guy behind you on the 125 only doubles and you leave him in the dust.

that was the funniest thing though. i had some nasty wrecks on the big stuff, usually a cnoncussioin was the worst thing i got. and when i broke my left arm, it was goin into turn one and a kid slammed into my side and his handlebar hit my arm and snapped both bones clean. I fell over, got up, picked up the bike and tried to pull in the clutch to kick it and realized my arm hurt. the EMT said i prolly just sprained it, eventhough there was a huge bulge in the middle of my arm....

i remember hill. he looks soo much like carmichael it isn't funny. I remember watching him at beans road try to quad into the rythm section for the first time. crazy stuff.

Beans, Crow Canyon, Broken Spokes, and Lightning are all my Hometown tracks

i ran beans,broken spokes, and western reserve up in that there district 12, but mainly ran down in district 11 with all the fast guys. not to mention the fair series as well. Sunset Ramblers in Galion was a great track and fun to race there, not a whole lot of talent but fun.

Yeah district 12 is what I ran too. I never liked racing fairs though. They are always tight as hell, the same every year, quads tear them up horribly, and every idiot seems to be there. I used to run school boy and 125 B

<< i was into it real big for awile as well, i'm starting to do the pit bike thing. i as well rode for F&S and then KTM but i got out of it as well because of a bad back. and i know most of you guys and everyone that was talked about. i'm looking to get me another bike soon and start racing some more.