got bike insurance bill.....

blazinjr

Last year my bill for full coverage was $410, then this bill comes and it is $155 for the year.

Ok this is the first bike I ever owned, insured, and just got my permit when I bought the bike and got the insurance.

Is it because I had no experience?

If I would have known that I might have got another bike.

Anyone else ever had this happen?????

What about medical coverage?

What are your payouts for the policy 50k/100k/50k or more? Or do you have the Ohio minimums which are like 10k/12.5/10k?

Did you have a ticket come off? Something has changed. You don't just go from $400 to $150 without anything changing.....

50k each person, 100k each accident, 25k property

$250 deductible on comp and collision

nothing against my record, but a not at fault accident on 12-31-03. wex were rear ended in our PT Cruiser.

Medical coverage, can't remember?

jesus... you should be happy thats ALL it was last year.

I know 30yr olds that get quoted 4k a year for full coverage.. and they are married home owners too. Bike insurance is fucked up for different people it seems.

I for one can not afford full coverage, Liability only for me @ $255 a year.

dragknee66,

Damn....who do you have?

My BUSA is only $256 for full coverage (6-months), 50k/100k/50k and only $250 deducatable. USAA is the way to go unless you don't qualify then Sate Farm is probably the next best thing. Only problem is SF wants all your business to give you the discount on bikes.

Blazinjr,

I would check your policy. A while back someone posted on the BUSA boards that a lot of complanys have re-done there bike policy's and NO LONGER have medical coverage if you are injured riding a motorcycle. Make sure you read the fine print and check all policy coverages. They don't just drop your rate 50% without a reason, esp a company like Progressive.... :(

Many reasons but the biggest is some Health insurance policy's don't cover it. They also don't cover passengers if you ever take a girl for a ride. Probably the biggest is if you are hit by an un-insured driver, sometimes it will cover the gap in the state or Health policy.

It is all going to depend on your coverage of car/bike and Health. If you are military, it doesn't really matter but some people don't get those benefits or have that coverage.