When friends/lovers buy the SAME CAR as you...

Guest MissTypeS

Guest MissTypeS

Hi. Just hoping someone could sympathize with me here.

I picked up my "realistic" dream car in October after my Integra got totalled - a 2006 Acura RSX Type S, Magnesium Metallic with Ebony leather, 6 speed, Bose stereo with disc changer, blah blah blah (all come standard by the way, its not like I chose them specifically). I love this car to pieces and I have only seen one or two others just like it on the road.

A month after I got it, I was approached by a guy who had some questions about it and wanted to know my opinions/thoughts on the vehicle. He claimed to LOVE them and really wanted one of his own, so we chatted for a while and became friends.

Fast forward to now, we've been dating for a few months, and yesterday he called to inform me that he was at the dealership where I bought my car, and had just signed a lease for a 2006 Acura RSX Type S, Magnesium Metallic with Ebony leather, 6 speed, Bose stereo with disc changer, blah blah blah.

My car, exactly. We now are a dating couple driving dueling Type S's, and I'm not sure how I feel about this. If we ever have to meet somewhere we'll show up in identical cars. Did he just start dating me to get info on his dream car so he could make a wise decision? I no longer drive the "better" car, so am I now less attractive to him? I don't really care about these questions as I'm not really that insecure, but I kinda feel like he stole my thunder. Maybe I should be flattered or something.

Can anyone else relate? Bueller?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He (at least) could've bought it in a different color??? I'm (guessing) that though he loved your car when he 1st met you, now he really likes you for the person you are & he's still in love with the car too / soooo he merely went out & bought one for himself, enabling him NOT to pester you for YOUR keys - Again, just my opinion.

Guest MissTypeS

I guess he *briefly* considered getting the regular silver, but he'd apparently wanted the Magnesium Metallic since he saw mine in person.

I have zero idea if this is going to have some sort of effect on our actual relationship, but if it does I think that'd be pretty lame. I mean I've heard of chicks dating guys for their cars, but not the other way around, so if this somehow changes the dynamics of our relationship, better to find out sooner than later, eh? hah.. this is so strange to me.

And yes, I'm fucking serious.

My parents both own identical cars... just different colors... what does it really matter?

if my g-f went and bought a Grand Prix tomorrow, I wouldn't care.... it's not about who has a better vehicle... and if that's why you're in the relationship or you think that's the only reason why he was sticking around then it wasn't meant to be anyways.

Where's the drama Lama?

On topic, my wife drives a '05 WRX Wagon, Kind of the same situation, I could care less what she drives as long as it is not a f-in POS SUV.......

Well that is not entirely true, I pay both car payments and I made the stipulation that what ever car she owns will have forced induction incase we use her car, I always drive if we go somewhere. I can't drive NA cars anymore.....

Who cares? You've got similar tatse...identical in terms of cars. YOu met hime because he realy liked your car and wanted one, big suprise that he finaly got one. Why bother worrying about something so meaningless and trivial? What a stupid way to ruin a relationship.

People, you're lives are only as complicated as you make them.

I think that just menas he likes men, seriously.

First, just like the 'guy' sweet8tooth said, what guy drives around a car like that?

Secondly, mabye this sounds stuipd in the other direction, but if it were me in that situation, I wouldn't get the car while I dated some girl for the exact reason of not wanting to have the same car. Maybe it's just me, but I bet a vast majority of guys you talk to on this board, or not, will agree with that. I'm just saying it seems a little strange.

BTW, were you leaving our apt. complex the other day? We (me and Ben) saw a car just like yours... or maybe it was your boyfriend. :grin2:

Guest MissTypeS

haha.. well where's your apartment complex?

And yeah, I guess that's why I find it a little strange - not that a dude wants an Acura (at least he got the Type S), but that he'd want the same car as the chick he's dating. I wish he would've at least gotten a different color. Oh well.

haha.. well where's your apartment complex?

Tuttles Grove across from Best Buy at Tuttle. I think it was Saturday morningish. I was driving Ben back to his car; he got a little drunk and couldn't drive.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a guy wanting an Acura. There's something wrong with a guy wanting an RSX, especially one identical to his current girl friends. They say mimicry is the best form of flattery. Maybe he'll start wearing your makeup and clothes too. :p

Guest MissTypeS

No sir, it wasn't me. I was shopping over there on Sunday, but not Saturday.

Uhhh and yeah, if he starts wearing my make up and/or clothes we have a much bigger issue on our hands here.

Guest MissTypeS

hehehe.. good idea.

Any suggestions for relatively reasonably priced modifications for a leased vehicle? I mean I've already put the huge flame stickers and a wing made out of plywood and tinfoil on the back to hold it down when the flame stickers kick in with the extra 160hp. Any other ideas? ;)

I wouldn't see it as a big deal but he has the same identical color,interior, etc.. That is borderline creepy. Next thing you know he's going to start asking you where you shop, what you eat. Then you find out he's you're long lost identical twin brother :gay2: :barf: