2006 SCCA Autox Schedule

Dr. Apex

We are finally able to release the 2006 OVR Solo schedule. Registration for these events is not yet open. We are looking at some changes and will contact you again as soon as those details are worked out.

1-Apr

Limited Test n Tune

Cooper

Note #1

2-Apr

Test n Tune #2

Cooper

29-Apr

OVR Driver's School

OSU

Note #2

30-Apr

Points #1

OSU

13-May

Points #2, Ohio Challenge

Cooper

Note #3

14-May

Points #2, Ohio Challenge

Cooper

28-May

Points #3

OSU

10-Jun

Evolution Driver's School

Cooper

Note #4

11-Jun

Points #4

Cooper

28-Jun

OVR Socializer, Clippers Game

Cooper

9-Jul

Points #5

OSU

30-Jul

Points #6

Cooper

19-Aug

Points #7, Gov Cup

OSU

Note #5

20-Aug

Points #8, Gov Cup

OSU

3-Sep

Points #9

OSU

8-Oct

Points #10

Cooper

22-Oct

Points #11

OSU

5-Nov

Fun Event

Cooper

Note #1 - Entries are limited to 50 and ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted. This event will be run in a manner that will allow entrants the time to work on the car, make adjustments, change settings or equipment and make another run. It is intended to be a real day of testing and tuning, not just seat time. To allow optimal time for making changes and adjustments, the day will divided into 1.5 hour segments with each participant working the course for one 1.5 hour segment during the day. Karts will also be accepted for this event, but will only have one test session for 1 hour during the lunch break for full-bodied car drivers. The cost for this test day will be $40 per car, and limited to the first 50 cars on a first-come, first-serve basis. The cost for Karters interested in registering for this event will be $20 and they should contact Andy Bell at 614.847.9921, rather than registering online. Entries are limited to 50 and ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION

Note #2 – Entries are limited to 50 students. ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted. This school is limited in the number of students to provide a more structured teaching environment, more productive day and a low student/teacher ratio. Our intent is to make this school available for competitors with less than three years experience. Registration for this event will be made through application to Jon Beerman at jbeerman@columbus.rr.com. Anyone interested in teaching should also contact Jon Beerman at 614.578-1215. The fee for this year’s school will be $45.00 and include a box lunch provided at the noon break. Entries are limited to 50 students. ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted.

Note #3 – We have challenged every region in the state to join in what used to be the OVR/WOR Challenge.

The details on how the winning region will be determined are still being ironed out, but this could be one of the best events of the year!

Note #4 – Entries are limited to students in each Phase. ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted. The total cost of the course is $225. Interested people should check on-line for any vacancies or contact Jeff Robinson at jrobinson@dispatch.com or Andy Bell at bellboyracing@sbcglobal.net. ABSOLUTELY NO ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS will be accepted.

Note #5 – Our intent again this year is to make the Governor’s Cup a ”blowout” Solo II weekend. We will have a Friday evening tech, registration and welcome with refreshments, (a late tech will be available on Sat, but there will be no Sunday tech) overnight camping, a Saturday night party, bunches of door prizes and special trophies. Think: Weekend Autocross Party! Registration will be only in advance on-line and close a week before the event.

· Governor’s Cup will be a two day event.

· To compete in the Governor’s Cup runoff portion of the event a competitor must be registered for both days of the event.

· Should you decide to compete only Saturday or only Sunday…you will receive the points for event #7 or 8 respectively.

Sunday’s event will consist of three runs per entry on a technically challenging course that is intended to be designed as equally as possible for all classes.

· Only OVR members will be eligible for the run-off (Governor’s Cup) portion of the event.

· The entries for the Governor’s Cup portion of the event will be determined by adding the best times of Saturday’s no-pro solo with the best time of the three runs on Sunday. For those who did not run on Saturday, times will be determined by adding two seconds to the slowest day-one time in the class.

· The run-off field will include a grid of 64 competitors, consisting of the class winners, and the next fastest cars based on PAX index until we reach a total of 64.

· The 64 competitors will be run in a heat to determine the fastest final 32, then the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, and Final Four to determine the Governor’s Cup Winner.

The best thing to do is register online at http://www.myautoevents.com search for the OVR autocross events. If you want to register at the event, you need to be there by NO later than 730 am. They only allow 30 on-site registrations per event! On average 150-170 cars have been at each event, so the only gauranteed way to be able to race is register online. You oversleep, and you won't get in!!

I can't wait!!! :gone:

I've never seen an sti do well in autocross. Achilles thanks for the info man.

No problem. An STi won Street Modified last year, its a tough class to win in that requires a good investment in your car.

Thorne, you'll be up against an STi or 2, and an Evo I know for sure. Just go out and have fun, don't expect to be competitive without some time and money invested. I ran in Street Modified against the mentioned STi and I was on street tires, which meant I had no chance to win at all. Seat time is the most important thing.

are you sure an STI won... the only way that woul happen is if Dennis Reavstein (E36 M3) and Mike Rosenfeld (Galant VR4) didnt run.... Those were the two guys that always got LTD and always beat me... then again i was running the Z24 :lol:

Yea i dont think ill be able to run G-Stock... but ill run whatever... Probably Street Mod again... its all about time anyway.

Sure you could Megaman, as long as your car is generally safe. Battery is tied down properly(bungies dont count), your tires and brakes are in decent shape, and youre not leaking anything.

SPLN, Mike Rosenfeld got 2nd place last year, the M3's for some reason did not do well all year long. Mike and Aaron(STi) were in a tight race all year with points, in the end the STi just barely beat him. Mike was telling me he was looking to do a new turbo for this season and some weight reduction, but I'm sure the STi has plans as well so it should be interesting.

I will be in E Prepared getting my ass beat by a Rabbit with something like 80hp!!

Im surprised Mike didnt win... his car is fat though... but those tires... geeze us those tires. Ill have to get out there... throw down a lil somethin. I usuall come out with the "unexpected" cars, so im sure everyone will get a kick out of the Volvo :lol: Ill try to keep my same number again... 40 Street Modified. I just hope i can get a tune in time :confused:

Guest Evl Mdgt
you can autocross just about anything i did a Accent GL before.. talk about slow. but i had a blast. So first test and tune Charger RT coming out secondond Day monte coming out.

A guy had his daughter out there in a Mini Van one time last year... He was teaching her to drive or something.

The car I saw do really great was the Mini Cooper.

Ben... Maybe we'll go back out there with you again. It was a lot of fun last time.

SPLN, I think I've seen you out there before, or at least a very similiar car to yours. Mike's tires were spent by the end of the year and the STi had added a new suspension late in the year. The STi has the advantage of being 15 years newer and obviously is a newer better handling car then Mike's old GVR4, but he has some new mods he wanted for this season this year, so we'll see.

Crystal, that was Scott that brought his granddaughter to autox, he's the guy I bought my Laser off of, and yes the Mini Cooper's are VERY good handling cars!

oh i know that guy... i raced him before... forget his name... but i know he was building quite the responsive engine. I think he was buying parts from richard (LT4 vette but it caught fire)... i dunno, its been a while. But i know who it is... hes a pretty decent driver... i coached him a bit but he was already on my ass to begin with so he should be raping people this year.

I believe his last name is Robertson. I know he mentioned something about the motor, but I know for sure he said he was going to put in all Lexan windows this year which should make that light ass car about 100lbs lighter. It has a seat, shifter, tach, and thats about it in the interior, I can't imagine that car weighing more than 1400-1500lbs.

Bah, it's gotten old already! Besides, on stock suspension my tires were rubbing into my fender wells, that could only end in disaster! Let's see you compete in SM with stock suspension and street tires, you'll be where I was....at the bottom!

got 8th at the Mothers Day challenge in 04... OVR/WOR/NEOH/Cincy... I was one of the faster cars that day (24th of the day i think... out of 80+), running a 50.64 i think... ran almost 2 full seconds faster than the Panoz LM car too. Given, that car had almost no clutch play and so much power it was near uncontrolable on that course... but i still beat it lol. You can compete, but it has to be for season points, not individual events. If you show up everytime and get points, youll be in the top 5 at the end of the year.

I dont know now... things are starting to look a little grim for me. Hoping i get out... hell, i may just bring the Z24 out of retirement lol.... but thats a longshot.

Hope to see you out there ;)