2006 SCCA Autox Schedule

Dr. Apex

There's a new site that's being used for registration now... http://www.dlbracing.com You can pre-register, pay, and reserve a car number ahead of time on here, nice thing is you can use paypal to pay if you have that. Also you can see the run/work order and such. Here's the rate's for autox..

Fee Structure:Member Entry Fee: $25.00Non-member Entry Fee: $30.00On-Site Member Entry Fee: $30.00On-Site Non-Member Entry Fee: $35.00Entrants have the option of mailing a check to 431 Whitehall Dr., Columbus, Ohio 43213-1956.Unpaid entries will be canceled if payment is not received by the closing of registration.

I highly reccommend you pre-register, if you don't show no later than 7:30 am. Last year on several events people were turned away because the event was full, you don't want to get up that early on a sunday and not be able to race.

People start showing up around 6am and you can tech in as late as 9am I believe, but only if you pre-register. Best bet is to be there by 8am to get ready, check-in, walk the course and so on and so forth.

If your new just let someone know and they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction, or find me, I'll probably be near my Laser. If you have any questions just ask and I'll try to awnser or point you to who would know.

Ben

You can on Sat, but you MUST register online to do so. The event shows 34 cars already registered and the limit is 50, so you'll need to register soon. The fee for that event is $40. I'll be there sunday Apr. 2nd for the test and tune, though I may drop in Sat and get a ride or 2. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I'm looking at the Sunday test and tune instead, would that also be ok?

I'm not sure which class my car fits in - I THINK it is F- Street Prepared (ESP). I have 4.30 gears (3.27s are stock), a cat-back and catless mid-pipe, and a tri-ax shifter. No suspension modifications, subframe connectors or anything else.

If the weather doesn't cooperate, does it get rescheduled?

I'm looking at the Sunday test and tune instead, would that also be ok?

I'm not sure which class my car fits in - I THINK it is F- Street Prepared (ESP). I have 4.30 gears (3.27s are stock), a cat-back and catless mid-pipe, and a tri-ax shifter. No suspension modifications, subframe connectors or anything else.

If the weather doesn't cooperate, does it get rescheduled?

ESP is your most likely class, but I'm not entirely sure of that. You can go to http://www.ovr-scca.org and click on "contact us" to send an email to Mike Smith, he will know for sure.

Racing goes on regardless of the weather, this isn't Nascar! Only time they will postpone is for lightning or like last year we had a damn snow storm on the first event.

• 1 month later...
I went to the meet yesterday and had a blast (Didn't have to even run my car to have a good time) I'll hopefully be going to more of these as the year progresses.

I go to every event wether or not I'm racing. You can always ride along with people and it's fun to watch.

I need to say this though.....You really should register online at http://www.dlbracing.com If not then show up by 7:30 am to register at the event. Some people showed at the last minute and were turned away as only 30 on-site regitrations are allowed and all 30 spots were filled by 8am yesterday. It sux to get up that early on a sunday and be turned away. Take 10 mins to register online so your gauranteed to race.

• 2 weeks later...
Achilles, I think you parked two spots down from me at the Ackermen event. I was driving the [slow] silver Z31.

Only Z car I remember seeing there was brownish, but I may of just entirely missed you. Were you racing?

• 3 weeks later...

i really really wish they would make sure and notify people after their run if they have a DNF and where it occured at..... according to the results of this past weekends race i had 3 DNF.... i wish i would of known where i had these occuring at!?!?!?

in the end it does nt matter i still got first with a 42.4 in my class but still its really aggrivating when you think your doing well and your missing a section of the course..........................

i really really wish they would make sure and notify people after their run if they have a DNF and where it occured at..... according to the results of this past weekends race i had 3 DNF.... i wish i would of known where i had these occuring at!?!?!?

in the end it does nt matter i still got first with a 42.4 in my class but still its really aggrivating when you think your doing well and your missing a section of the course..........................

Sux to hear that. It's hard to get the info about that, the corner workers are waching other cars and the timing people can't see it half the time.

You drive the green shadow? If so I can let you know.

yea that was me....... was wondering why i would see a worker putting his arms up at me in the wtf are you doing gesture... lol

i think i know where i was messing up at, but come to think of it i never heard the anouncer say DNF on the mic...

yea that was me....... was wondering why i would see a worker putting his arms up at me in the wtf are you doing gesture... lol

i think i know where i was messing up at, but come to think of it i never heard the anouncer say DNF on the mic...

Quit yer bitchin, you won your class!! ;)

Yeah, wasn't a big deal... just on the wrong side of the cones ;)

The other dood working that corner about had a heart attack every time.

It wasn't like you where out of control or anything.