Proof that Michigan sucks

Buck531

Ok. So I'm up in Grand Rapids for a few days while my car is being worked on.

After a 5 1/2 hour drive, I'm ready for a beer. I check into the Hotel, go to Meijers to grab some beer.

I grab a 12 of Michelob light. Proceed to the checkout.

"sorry sir, we don't sell beer on Sunday.".. WTF mate?

Damnit. Call my buddy who lives here in GR and bitch him out and tell him how much his state sucks. Find out that I need to go 20 minutes out of my way to get some alcohol. :(

So, I pull into a god damn Rite Aid and grab a 18 pack of Miller lite (I didn't want to run out .. so I got more just incase).

On the way back, I stop at this Steak house.. called Branns (good steak). Walk in, sit down, waitress comes over. I ask "what's on tap". "sorry sir, we don't sell beer on Sundays".. GOD DAMNIT. I want a fucking beer, with my fucking steak. ARG.

I almost went out to my car, popped the trunk, grabbed a few beers, and went back in. But I didn't. I had some ice tea and my 12 oz sirloin with cheese and onions and was on my way.

At least the damn hotel room has a fridge in it.

Michigan sucks. Period. More so, this city.

City ordinances suck. I don't believe that's a state law. When I went to Myrtle Beath I couldn't buy on Sunday either.

Michigan doesn't sucks because you can buy liquer at a grocery store. None of this 42 proof or less BS that Ohio has. :D

Michigan doesn't sucks because you can buy liquer at a grocery store. None of this 42 proof or less BS that Ohio has. :D

Most of the grocery stores I go to here have liquor stores in them. There are liquor stores everywhere anyways.

Michigan is not that bad as far as where and when you can/can't buy beer/liquor. Pennsylvania is pretty dumb. You can't buy anything at a regular store or gas station. To buy liquor or wine you have to go to a ‘spirits’ store. To buy any sort of beer, you have to go to a distributor (think where you would normally buy kegs here). I don't know about when you can buy it there, I'm sure it's something as equally dumb like you can buy liquor on any weekday, except for when there is a blue moon out, unless it's less than 10degrees about the horizon and you can only buy on Sundays when the pope says so. Idiotic, but I’m sure there are worse.

In some state down south, you can buy beer out of a tap in a gas station. At this gas station we stopped in, you could fill up milk jugs. I can’t remember which one because when we went into this gas station it was sometime early in the night after a week of drinking on spring break and we were in the middle of driving straight back to Ohio.