Sunday 7/27 Ride Anyone?

CleaveTheGreat

There is nothing like using your bike the way it was intended, out on the backroads instead of going back and forth along the city's main drag, letting everyone know how loud your pipes are. Props to the ladies on 250's. You should have stopped and told them about what we do and where we go. They might show us a few things. If only the cagers would stay off the curves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I found what may be the toughest set of curves on Ohio, which is Rt.536, down in the southeast portion of the state. One curve even has a STOP sign, if what I read about it is true. If we ever went down that way, plan on it being an all-day event. It's part of a loop of sorts so it will be easy to get back home, and there are over 100 turns in 12 miles. Crazy shit right there. If you master that then it's time to race. I'm glad we all had a great time today. Rt.9 gets even better, from what I hear. Next time we shall take it till it ends. Life is short...

Well, the ride was a success, for the most part. We took 77S to 30E, then we took 172E until we ran into 30 once more. From there we caught 164S until we got a deserter. Down to three, we carved a few corners until reaching 212, where we took that to the Atwood Lake run, followed by a quick jaunt on Rt.9, which is great as long as there are no cagers. We only saw one other group of sportbikes near Atwood, hauling ass through the curves. Of course there were more Harley's than sportbikes, a true tragedy in today's world. Now if the cagers would kindly at least do the speed limit and not be afraid of those 45mph curves, it would have been a better ride. Still, everyone seemed happy to have participated. We will have to repeat this run.

Would that group of sport bikes happen to have been about 5 bikes?

Would that group of sport bikes happen to have been about 5 bikes?

Nope three...with one blue R6 rest no clue I was curving....:D

The ladies group ... the leader was on a lime green Ninja 250, rest either I didn't see or register :dunno:

Well, I found what may be the toughest set of curves on Ohio, which is Rt.536, down in the southeast portion of the state. One curve even has a STOP sign, if what I read about it is true. If we ever went down that way, plan on it being an all-day event. It's part of a loop of sorts so it will be easy to get back home, and there are over 100 turns in 12 miles. Crazy shit right there. If you master that then it's time to race. I'm glad we all had a great time today. Rt.9 gets even better, from what I hear. Next time we shall take it till it ends. Life is short...

I am so fired up, whenever you guys plan count me in. I was just looking and that buckeye hills region, south-eastern ohio have some nice twisties, I am gonna curve em all......Yes, I am up for all day rides.