Many questions can be answered by the B&G Page

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

The forums have people who've been there and done that:

www.msefi.com

If you need ignition contol:

http://www.megasquirt.info/ms2/

or

http://megasquirt.sf.net/extra/

Joel(Mudbutt), Clark(Jelloman) amd I'm sure some others have knowledge of the system. Over all its a very geat system for DIYers.

Guest mudbutt
It is a very capable setup. It has more features and stock car configurations than even some of the big name standalones. If enough people want a setup, it will be added. Software configuration is one of the biggest pains about it, we ended up never using the config softwar and just doing it all in the config file itself. Software usage is top notch. I feel it is very comfortable and logical.

what are the plans on the Swinger First? From there you can see what parts you need.

Nate

The forums have people who've been there and done that:

www.msefi.com

you will find all you need here on this forum there are a wide range of people all running the v2 boards all the way up to the newest v3. I have the V3 and its awesome. Also for parts I have got all my stuff from www.diyautotune.com. Great guys.

Nate call me when you need the stimulator. I just ordered mine

what are the plans on the Swinger First? From there you can see what parts you need.

you will find all you need here on this forum there are a wide range of people all running the v2 boards all the way up to the newest v3. I have the V3 and its awesome. Also for parts I have got all my stuff from www.diyautotune.com. Great guys.

Nate call me when you need the stimulator. I just ordered mine

The last time I borrowed a stimulator from you i got the HIV. Wash your shit next time. For God's sake.

I have MS on the buick, used a throttle body off a 350 Ch*bby, runs good. I dont have the ignition contol yet, but it is in the plans.

Unless you are planning to buy one pre assembled, you need to be decent with a soldering iron. The parts kits from B&G are just that, a parts kit. I would recomend getting the stand off/relay board. Just makes the underhood a little easier. Cleaning the boards after assembly is REQUIRED. Rosin does strage things when it is left on the boards. I cant remember where I got it, but the cable from the brain to the relay board was about 40 for a 10 FT one. It is kinda rare, but not imposible to find.

The software is prety good, works for what I am doing. If you look on the boards, there are prom flashes people have written that let you mess with alot of custom stuff for tuning.

Going to fuel inject it and turbo it. We are just in the research stage right now, trying to get everything together before we start.

Ive been reading the info on the sites about MegaSquirt, and from what I can read it is just as good as the systems costing a lot more. And the assembly isnt a problem, really it makes it a lot more fun to actually put the thing together rather than buy one that is done.

Thanks for all the info.

i had it on my bike. did it work? yes. will it work for my bike now i want some power out of it? no. its a very good system for diy people. it doesnt have any active knock control, thats worth a shit.not having sequential injection hurts it alot. personaly im running a aem ems this year.

i had it on my bike. did it work? yes. will it work for my bike now i want some power out of it? no. its a very good system for diy people. it doesnt have any active knock control, thats worth a shit.not having sequential injection hurts it alot. personaly im running a aem ems this year.

Tank,

Other then the Knock Control, why do you feel sequential injection is neccesary for big power? Individual Cylinder skew?

Tank,

Other then the Knock Control, why do you feel sequential injection is neccesary for big power? Individual Cylinder skew?

because of the waisted fuel on unused strokes. waisted spark is fine because it does nothing. but firing a injector a couple times just so the next cyclinder can get its fuel a split sesond later just sucks. alot of old school fi motors used this technology and sufford from it. fuel mileage sucked at worst. but thats just my opinion. and it doesnt count.

here is what happends when u dont have knock control.

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/Tank/internet%20pics%20029.jpg

because of the waisted fuel on unused strokes. waisted spark is fine because it does nothing. but firing a injector a couple times just so the next cyclinder can get its fuel a split sesond later just sucks. alot of old school fi motors used this technology and sufford from it. fuel mileage sucked at worst. but thats just my opinion. and it doesnt count.

here is what happends when u dont have knock control.

http://ipsmotorsports.net/pictures/Tank/internet%20pics%20029.jpg

That sucks about the motor! I'm guessing that's a bike motor? I was just curious on your experiences, Parish seems to be doing great with MS and he is defintely pushing some power. I think he's still on a stock/hybrid LSx ignition though?

Good luck with the AEM setup.